Best match for Hegel H80

toka

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Just ordered my Hegel H80, to be positioned in my 4m*4m living room (three walls, left side open to kitchen).

From first listening sessions and review browsing, my top speaker candidates are Monitor Audio Silver 8, AudioVecror Ki3, Epos K3 and B&W 683 S2 (which I'm yet to listen to).

I mostly listen to electronic music (NIN, IAMX, Gary Numan etc.), 80-90s Alternative Rock, New Wave and some UK Metal, and I wonder which of the 4 sets would best accomodate my needs (and Amp).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

ps: The K3 were impressive but the bass was somewhat lean, could be because of the 5m high ceiling... (?).

Welcome to the forum.

Whilst I agree with Cnoevil your question is difficult to answer. Nice amp but you really need to audition as many speakers as you can and as we don't know what you can actually listen to it is difficult. Ultimately what is your top end budget?

There are many other speakers I could suggest but more information needed.

Can you audition Dynaudio?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I think these are a very undervalued speaker, possibly because of their limited distribution.

As a rule of thumb, I find that the speaker with the 'leanest' presentation in the dem room is most likely to work best in the home. That said, I dislike any speaker with even a hint of boom, so that is important to me, ymmv.

toka

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
rainsoothe said:
CnoEvil said:
I would also put some Kef R Series into the mix (R300/R500).

+1 to these, and add Focal Aria 906/926. The MA Silver8 you're considering are also a strong candidate.

Thanks everyone,

A dealer/salesman suggested that I try the Silver 10, which should be (according to him...) a better version of the 8.

My concern is that even if I prefer them over the 8s, they could be overwhelming for my setup and room.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

toka said:
A dealer/salesman suggested that I try the Silver 10, which should be (according to him...) a better version of the 8.

My concern is that even if I prefer them over the 8s, they could be overwhelming for my setup and room.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi toka

All things being equal Silver 10's do give greater weight, depth and scale however and fwiw, one of the first H80's we sold was with Silver 8's and installed both was for use in much larger open planned area.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
toka said:
Hi,

Just ordered my Hegel H80, to be positioned in my 4m*4m living room (three walls, left side open to kitchen).

From first listening sessions and review browsing, my top speaker candidates are Monitor Audio Silver 8, AudioVecror Ki3, Epos K3 and B&W 683 S2 (which I'm yet to listen to).

I mostly listen to electronic music (NIN, IAMX, Gary Numan etc.), 80-90s Alternative Rock, New Wave and some UK Metal, and I wonder which of the 4 sets would best accomodate my needs (and Amp).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

ps: The K3 were impressive but the bass was somewhat lean, could be because of the 5m high ceiling... (?).

Where did you buy the hegel from?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts