Best iPod dock w/ radio, £250 or less.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I NEED A DEVICE WITH GOOD SOUND QUALITY FOR LESS THAN £250, IPOD COMPATIBLE, SOMEHOW INCORPORATING RADIO.

Though tempted to set up some horrendously complicated, but tech-satisfying, wireless link from my hifi to some speakers in the kitchen, involving beaming internet radio across our home to said device, the reality is that her indoors will not tolerate anything with more than two button presses between silence and radio / iPod dockage.

So I need an iPod dock that sounds great, for less than £250, with radio, preferably internet or DAB.

I know there's a good Pure out there, interested in views on that from people who've bought it, and there's a (I think) Tetrasonic on sale too, which has so much interconnectivity I'm tempted to give them my money.

Are there any other brands to think about? Do you have views on the above models, or other solutions?

I've got an iPhone, which makes life a bit easier, but my girlfriend doesn't, so I think I need radio that isn't reliant on the input device to the dock.

Hope you can help!

A

Anonymous

Thanks - do you think I'd get better sound quality form a mini system at the same price?

A

Anonymous

hi

I have had a Pure Avanti flow for the last couple of months and it is a fantastic bit of kit. I use mine in the kitchen, which is a pretty large kitchen, and I turn the vloume up to between 10 to 14 which I find loud enough, especially with the sub woofer. It can go up a lot higher but I have never tried it. Connecting to the internet was a doddle. It picked up my router at the first try. Although on some blogs you will read that you have to go through Pure's lounge for internet radio I have not found this a problem. They are nearly 11,000 radio stations and you can break them down to genre, sound quality etc. I live in bromley and I listen to DAB radio and the quality is excellent on all stations ( I do not use an outside ariel). It also plays my ipod and it sounds fantastic, but it will stream wirelessly all my songs on itunes without using the ipod and when setting up, if you click on ipod format, the screen will mimic the ipod menus.

Also Pure have a technical helpdesk with a standard telephone number which you can phone and ask any technical questions and they are more than pleased to help you and chat about the radio. I heartliy recommend this product. I got mine on the internet for £240, delivered the next day.

I hope this helps you in your decision.

Paul

A

Anonymous

Wow, sounds really good - didn't realise it streamed iTunes too - big bonus.

I think I'll probably end up going for the Pure - I just wondered whether there was a hidden rival I didn't know about.

Thanks for your advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts