Best Hi-FI System / Classical Music / 1.000 Euro c.a.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
If you can't be doing with auditioning then make sure the dealer has a returns policy, just in case.

All well and good PP , but if the OP is in foreign climes ,which at a guess I think he/she is , then this 1000 euro set up could turn out very expensive.

However , my money is on it will be a keeper ;)

Crazyhorse82

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
No problem.

I still haven´t took any decision, also because in Germany all these things are bit more expensive..

but also in a shop I went yesterday I herad the Denon PMA and DCD and they were good..I just didn´t liked the speakers attached (Elac 203 SB), quite expensive 800 Euro but I found their sound a bit cold for classical music...

then, considering the advice here I think that these Denon can be a good solution for my current needs, still a bit in doubt with the speakers....

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I like German ebay for shopping for hi-fi components.

Looks like electrostatics are out for your room. Shame as I think you'd love them for your taste in music.

Some small high efficiency speakers with a cheapo valve amp might do the trick for your tastes and room? Something like Klipsch Heresys. Something that excels in the all important midrange.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
As speakers Dali Zensor 3, Wharfedale Diamond 121/122, Boston Acoustics A 26. All have enough bass+clarity+musicality for classical music

Q Acoustics 2020 is a little bass light, mainly if you want to listen music at high volumes. Avoid bright, metalic, clinical sounding speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts