Best Hi-FI System / Classical Music / 1.000 Euro c.a.

Crazyhorse82

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hallo,

I am considering to buy the first Hi-Fi system. My budget is around 1.000 and I listen mostly classical music.

I thought about NAD C 316 for amplifiere but I don´t have idea if this would be a good one.

Do you have any ideas for my needs and budget?

Many thanks,

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a room that would be suitable for Quad electrostatics, or are you looking at conventional coned and domed speakers?

Crazyhorse82

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
my room is around 15sm, and the shape is almost as follows
smiley-laughing.gif

_______________________ | |____________________________

| w

| i

| n

| dow

|

________________________________________________|

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Really there is so much choice but also you live in Europe so some UK brands maybe not available where you live. How about something like an all-in-one system such as Marantz M-CR610 or do you want separates?

Can you demo different systems?

Crazyhorse82

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
prefer separate, I think that the quality is much better...

A very good shop in germany makes this offer for 1.200 Euro:

NAD C 316 BEE Titan (matt silbern) +€339.00

Cabasse Antigua MT31 - Gehäuse Wenge-Dekor (dunkelbraun) +€548.00

NAD C 516 BEE Graphit +€359.00

1 x Sommer Cable Hicon Ergonomic Speaker 2x2,5 10m +€39.90

Do you think is a good one?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry don't know that system, can you hear some other systems like Marantz and KEF speakers? If you can I would demo some different ones and see which you like, generally speakers make the biggest difference to the sound.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
He is probably better off going for some German speakers as imported ones seem to well marked up, the Tannoys DC6s or DC4s would be worth comparing if you can.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
What about the XTZ 99.36 and the matching amp which has integrated DAC?

Edit: Actually over budget, sorry. The 99.25 with something like the NAD could be an option though.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Speakers: Dali Zensor 1 or 3, Wharfedale Diamond 121/122

Amp: Pioneer A 30, Nad 326 BEE

cd player: Nad 516BEE, or Denon DCD 720 or used Marantz, Arcam cd player. Many old Philips players have musical, easy to ears sound, they are very cheap

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My suggestion for you to try is:

Marantz CD6004........£249

Rega Brio R.................£498

Wharfedale 9.1...........£100

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Um said:
CnoEvil said:
My suggestion for you to try is:

Marantz CD6004........£249

Rega Brio R.................£498

Wharfedale 9.1...........£100

yup nice system,

Yes but doubt he will get them is Germany for those prices. I would not touch Wharfedales now. You can get Marantz 6005 for about 480 Euros or a 5004 for about 290 Euros.

I suggest a Marantz 5004, Nad amp as in OPs post and Tannot DC4 or the German speakers he suggested or the NAD cdp. Or if you can find an old Marantz CDP in good nick.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I would spend more on the speakers than anything else.

With the new Marantz kit out you should be able to get the CD6004/PM6004 combination cheaply. I would buy budget cables and spend the rest on speakers. The Marantz combo is excellent for classical.

Chris

Crazyhorse82

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for your tips.

Was thinking that also considering that I prefer small things I would opt for:

Amp: NAD 326 BEE

CD: NAD 516 BEE

Speakers: Wharfandale 121.

Do you think is a good selectio forclassic? or Marantz package is faraway better?

matthewpiano

Although you need to avoid overly bright sounding kit, you also want something with some clarity and, for me, this is where NAD can fall down, although the C326BEE is a very capable amplifier, if slightly on the soft side in the bass.

Marantz and Denon both tend to work well for classical music and either the PM/CD6004 or PMA/DCD720AE ranges (respectively) would be a good buy. You might also want to consider the Pioneer A30. If you can go that bit further to the Rega Brio-R it is very worthwhile, but not the end of the world if you can't.

For speakers I favour a small number of brands that don't seem to subscribe to the fast, boomy, screechy, sucked-out midrange type of sound. I'd recommend hearing speakers from Q Acoustics, Dali, Wharfedale and KEF. The new Dali Zensor 3s are well worth the extra cost and size over the Zensor 1s as they offer much more depth of sound but without any flabbiness or boom, and they share the wonderful imaging abilities of the smaller model. If you want a smaller speaker the Q Acoustics 2020i are excellent and work well with Denon or Marantz. The Wharfedale Diamond 121s sound very nice with a bit more bass depth than the Qs, but they aren't as cohesive or involving as the Zensor 3s. Personally I would avoid the Monitor Audio BX2 as they can sound very clinical and thin, and I'd definitely avoid the B&W 686, which are very bassy sounding in an un-natural way. KEF Q100s are lovely and work well with Marantz and Denon. The Q300s are also nice but in my experience they need quite a bit of space to be convincing - in most domestic spaces I feel the Q100s are the better choice.

Make sure you budget for speaker stands. Good solid support makes a huge difference to most speakers. Also don't forget to budget for some decent cables. You don't need to go mad but something like mid-range QED stuff will help to make the most of your set-up. Be careful with Chord Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable as it tends to bloat the bottom end and sound a bit too soft overall.

Crazyhorse82

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks matthewpiano!

Very kind from you this detaild explanation!

I think you are a real expert, I surfed on internet and I found this offer...seems fitting with my needs (probably even better under both a quality and economic perspective)..

so you deem this combination better than the one I proposed of NAD for CD and Ampl + wharfadale?

Denon DCD-720 CD Pl. - 215 Euro

PMA - 720 232 Euro

Q-Acoustic 2020i Speakers (Pair)/High Gloss) 490 Euro

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hang on a minute here. Going by your post containing ,' prices and delivery costs' *. Are you seriously going to take a flyer on a system glued together with recommendations in this thread without even hearing the damn things first ?.

* which you have just edited.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
'damn things' wasnt a criticism of your choice by the way. I would have posted exactly the same if your choice cost tenfold as much.

Just an expression mate.

TRENDING THREADS