Best Hdmi cable available.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
I need two hdmi cables one to attach my virgin hd box to my amplifier and one to attach the amplifier to the t.v. Needs to be no more than £50-£60. My amp being Onkyo and the t.v Samsung if that makes any difference.

Wondering what you guys can recommend.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
A

Anonymous

jk1988:

I need two hdmi cables one to attach my virgin hd box to my amplifier and one to attach the amplifier to the t.v. Needs to be no more than £50-£60. My amp being Onkyo and the t.v Samsung if that makes any difference.

If like me you can tell that a good quality hdmi cable make's a difference in sound and picture quality then i would go for the CHORD SUPERSHIELD, it's a top notch, whf 5 star rated cable and it does make a hell of a diffirence compared with cheaper rival's. Trust me you will not be dissapointed, i know i wasn't. There was once a time when i thought that expensive cable's were a rip off and could not make a difference to sound or picture quality but how wrong i was and i can testify that they indeed do make a difference.

DR KAY: If like me you can tell that a good quality hdmi cable make's a difference in sound and picture quality then i would go for the CHORD SUPERSHIELD, it's a top notch, whf 5 star rated cable and it does make a hell of a diffirence compared with cheaper rival's. Trust me you will not be dissapointed, i know i wasn't. There was once a time when i thought that expensive cable's were a rip off and could not make a difference to sound or picture quality but how wrong i was and i can testify that they indeed do make a difference.

I've got Chord Supershield HDMI, along with a freebie Sky cable, a £40 QED Performance HDMI cable & a £4.79 ThatCable HDMI - Absolutely no difference whatsoever between them (including the freebie Sky cable), either in picture quality or in audio quality.

With audio, some cables make the sound 'louder' in my experience, but if you compare all cables at a equal sound level (not the same volume knob level, but the same sound level that your ears perceive), then there's no difference whatsoever. According to forum member idc (who has even made cables himself & posted the details in the "accessories" section), every cable has a 'sweet spot' in sound which are at different volume levels.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
DR KAY:jk1988:

If like me you can tell that a good quality hdmi cable make's a difference in sound and picture quality then i would go for the CHORD SUPERSHIELD, it's a top notch, whf 5 star rated cable and it does make a hell of a diffirence compared with cheaper rival's. Trust me you will not be dissapointed, i know i wasn't. There was once a time when i thought that expensive cable's were a rip off and could not make a difference to sound or picture quality but how wrong i was and i can testify that they indeed do make a difference.

Testify all you like, the Big Question showed that the Chord was not much different from a freebie and sometimes worse. There is certainly no point connecting an expensive cable from the amp to the TV because the difference was almost unnoticeable.

I was fooled into buying a chord and cannot tell the difference between that and my freebies.

A

Anonymous

as bb said , ive got a qed performance (cheers whfi
emotion-21.gif
) , monster , and a few cheap and nasties , no difference at all ...

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
i had a freebie hdmi and an ixos one with my plasma when i first got it . started reading about the difference they make so decided to get some 5star rating and tested ones and went for the chord (grey cable with red ends) couple of years old now and were 120 for the pair .

i played swat dvd (not bluray) via my ps3 with the supplied hdmis , then removed a fitted the chord and there WAS an instant improvement in picture , even my neighbour who said i was a tart for spending that much on 2 cables said WOW . the colours were much better and sharper/crisper and the difference in the background detail was also better .

they worked for me and worth it imo
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

sorry, but this is a digital signal, you either get the full data through or you don't - no difference in quality!?!?
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

so, you're saying that colours are richer? doesn't that then mean that the digital values being transmitted are being received incorrectly in the cheaper cable? there must be checksums and I would have thought you'd get picture drop outs etc, rather than being displayed different so surely not..

is there a URL/FAQ to explain your reasonings - seems odd to me

I have no problems with better cable for analogue

C

Messiah

There are 2 camps. Those that believe they make a difference and those that believe they don't.

In my opinion from the various price pointed cables I have used, the difference is negligible.

Best thing to do is to try some cables at various price points and see what camp you are in.

A

Anonymous

i reckon there are 7 camps ...

those that believe that have tried different cables

those that dont believe that have tried different cables..

those that dont see a difference but are open to the possibility..

those that think they see a difference but dont know for sure..

those that cant be bothered to look for a difference and say there isnt one because its obviously a money racket..

those that pretend to themselves that there is a difference because their cables cost lots of money and are pretty..

and those that dont care and wonder how others possibly do ..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chrismahoola:so, you're saying that colours are richer? doesn't that then mean that the digital values being transmitted are being received incorrectly in the cheaper cable? there must be checksums and I would have thought you'd get picture drop outs etc, rather than being displayed different so surely not..

is there a URL/FAQ to explain your reasonings - seems odd to me

I have no problems with better cable for analogue

C

No, I'm saying this is a very old argument. You're inferring all the rest. Is there a URL/FAQ to explain your absolute convictions?

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
In a recent big question the amateur reviewers found no difference between cheap and expensive cables, so i suggest you dont waste your money on something which will give you no advantage.

JohnHolmes

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
pro reviewers would notice the difference because they know where and what to look for!

you also need expensive power cables and super expensive speaker cable to REALLY notice the extra quality.

A

Anonymous

if pro reviewers are the only ones that would notice a difference then the rest of us only need cheapies
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

The best HDMI cable available is one that works and doesnt cost a fortune. I was using this Cinema Link high end cable, http://www.clink.com.au/hdmi/hdmi_cables.htm

This was connecting PS3 to Pioneer plasma. After i got my Yamaha AVR i also thought I'd try out a better HDMI cable. I got the Chord Active. PS3 to AVR. Clink AVR to Plasma There was some improvements in picture when playing MKV rips. The picture was a lot smoother, not as grainy. Could have had somethnig to do with the AVR although HDMI is set to pass through. In my opinion the difference does not warrent the price.

I think what to look for when buying HDMI cables is a good quality connection, on some of the cheaper cables the connections aren't tight and tend to break easier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts