Best games for PS3

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Got one of these cheap to play Blue Ray stuff, but am wondering about getting a couple of games seeing that's what it does best.

Never been a gamer, interests are movies, cycling and other sports. Not really into the war type things, more your mysteries and adventures.

Any thoughts on what would be good games?

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
you may like the cinema-esque l.a. noire. more about solving crimes from gathering evidence and interviewing suspects than going around shooting. one of the best games for ps3 in my opinion is The Last of Us. Visuals are stunning and works well with a home cinema set up. Incredibly immersive game.

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Yep The Last Of Us would be a great choice, as would the Uncharted series (1, 2 and 3) made by the same developer. There's always Grand Theft Auto 5, Little Big Planet 2, Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, Portal 2

If you fancy something 'un-game-like' you could try Flower, The Unfinished Swan or Journey

Just do a quick Metacritic search for any of these games and you should be able to get an idea of what the games are about. Alternatively take a look on the PS Store for demos

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The Uncharted series is excellent. Probably my favourite shooter on PS3.

Might be worth buying 3 months of PS Gold. You will get more than the cost in free downloads. Some excellent stuff there. Just look for "Your instant game collection"

If you haven't played Portal or Portal 2, that is worth a try. Better on PC (control wise) but great puzzling game set in a FPS style suurounding.

Also, Little Big Planet 1 and 2 are huge fun.

S

Scarecrow

Nobody said batman (arkham asylum, arkham city) yet*new_russian* ??

Plus I still love to play Skyrim on my ps3. The atmosphere is truly amazing. Only 'problem' here is that you need to invest some time cause the world is so complex and full of possibilities ;)

So if you only want to play casual like some hours a week, batman could be a better choice for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts