Best for SD sports viewing?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Apologies for asking a question raised on a number of previous threads, but have been looking for a flatscreen that will allow me to obtain as close to CRT quality when watching SD sports broadcasts (esp rugby and football) via Virgin cable and conventional analogue (no freeview signal here yet).

My own research keeps on taking me back to 2 Panasonic models- one LCD, the 32LXD700 and one plasma, the 37PX70.

Does anyone have any views on whether one is any better than the other? Viewing distance is 10 feet and would hope to team up the TV with a Sony RDR-HXD870 HDD/DVD combo.

If there are any suitable alternatives in the same price bracket, I'd be glad to consider them too.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Both excellent sets, with great tuners, but the 37in plasma should pip the LCD for sport. Will also make the most of the superb Sony and its ability to upscale your DVDs.

A

Anonymous

I'm in a similar dilemma - trying to decide between the Panasonic
TH42PZ70 and Pioneer 4280XD. I hear the Pioneer is better for SD content, but
as I'm also planning to buy a fairly decent AV receiver that can upscale content
like the Onkyo TX-SR705. Will this make the Panasonic a comparable choice for sports
with the added benefit of Full HD.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Budget alowing the Pioneer is a better Tv allround but the Panasonic is still a great tv if you want to save a few quid, either way they will both do a sterling job.[quote user="gurch5"]but as I'm also planning to buy a fairly decent AV receiver that can upscale
content like the Onkyo TX-SR705. Will this make the Panasonic a comparable
choice for sports with the added benefit of Full HD[/quote]
Dont get to confused as your will not be watching a FULL HD picture via the Onkyo but a sd picture upscalled so yes the picture will look good but nowhere like a true HD picture.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts