Best DVD/HDD Recorder under £300

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What's the best DVD/HDD recorder to partner my Pioneer Kuro PDP-428XD? The Pioneer DVR-560HX ssems a possible option, but no review. Is it any good? The DVR-LX61D looks over priced and the recent review was dissapointing for the money. Sony RDR-HXD995 or Panasonic DMR-EX78 are alternatives. Or do I wait for the Freesat Humax PVR? Thoroughly confused!

A

Anonymous

This other review gives it praise: http://www.trustedreviews.com/home-cinema/review/2008/09/10/Pioneer-DVR-LX61D-DVD-HDD-Recorder/p3

The verdict, on page 3, says: "It's quite simply a sublime combi recorder that boasts a stupefying range of features, immaculate recording performance and bomb shelter build quality."

I cannot see how to square these two reviews. Maybe poor quality control has let through a dud; I would be interested if this aspect can be investigated. For such an expensive piece of equipment to have such a poor review, alarm bells should be ringing somewhere!

So, has anyone seen the Pioneer DVR-LX61D work well ??? If so, please post here with some feedback.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I am also interested in the LX61D over the Sony but the WHF review has left me in a quandary. There was a similar post on AVF0rum.com which failed to get a response. Maybe Sky+ has been the kiss of death for DVD/HDD machine and nobody is buying them. Hence the dearth of information and interest?

TRENDING THREADS