Best Buy £350 Budget

Scott90

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys

Ive had a good flick through the forum but cant seem to find much information regarding headphones around this price point.

After my own research I am considering purchasing a pair of Shure SRH1540 which are now just £345.

Are there any alternatives you would reccomend for this price?

They will mainly be driven by the headphone port of my Marantz PM6005 as not everyone in the house seems to appreciate the sound kicked out by the attached Q Acoustics 2050 even though it is just an entry level set up and i rarely push it past 1/3rd volume!

I would like a pair that i can travel with however and the Shure pair are on the large side although i dont really see it being that much of an inconvenience.

I have previously loooked into the Bowers and Wilkins P7 however my housemate used to own a pair of P5's and i didnt enjoy them that much and they gave me very sweaty ears.

To summarise:

£350 budget, mainly used in the house but will take them when travelling, must be comfortable.

One last thing, i think Grado headphones are really ugly.

Thanks!

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
The SRH 1540 are closed back - are you looking at open back as well? If so the Sennheiser HD650 are excellent - my current phones. Or HiFiMan HE-400 if you fancy some planar's although perhaps a bit too big and heavy for travelling they do sound good. They've come down in price quite a bit recently.

I would like to hear the Shure SRH1840, supposed to be excellent and also open back.

Scott90

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, i should have added that in. Im looking at closed back only as i do envisage using them while sat next to random members of the public occasionally.

Thanks for the suggestions ill look into them!

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Scott90 said:
Sorry, i should have added that in. Im looking at closed back only as i do envisage using them while sat next to random members of the public occasionally.

Thanks for the suggestions ill look into them!

The Shure 1540 are fairly dark and rolled off a little on top. You might like them, but I didn't. The fit is a little strange as well. The B&O H6 is very popular, and far less bulky.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts