best budget blu-ray player for sound...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive got a sony bdp-s363 and its fine, i personally doubt id find much of an improvement in picture quality with any other budget bdp, maybe, but probably not much imo..

but as far as i can make out most people/review sites are in agreement that bdp's do vary quite a bit on sound quality, so im thinking of upgrading mainly for better audio..

ive been thinking about the sony bdp-s370, or maybe the s760? does anyone have any other suggestions? budget is £200 max.. ta..

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I can confidently state that the sound from the 370 is excellent and a clear improvement over the PS3, though perhaps this has something to do with bitstreaming audio rather than having the PS3 decode internally. People have argued that it makes no difference which component decodes digital soundtracks, but my ears can tell the difference (and it's not simply the placebo effect).

Whether the 370 betters the 363 for sound quality, however, I couldn't say. You seem to have established a good relationship with your local retailer, so presumably you could take the 363 down to test against newer models? Faster BD loading times are a bonus too, of course...

A

Anonymous

thanks strapped, i do have a good relationship with my dealer, but he only stocks pioneer players, (which may be fine) id say only a home demo with my system would be beneficial(probably not likely to happen), as his shop isnt really equipped for home cinema demos, he's a hifi dealer mainly..

ive read nothing but great things about the s370 though, as you also testify, its very cheap too.. ill probably get one unless someone knows of a better sounding budget bdp..
emotion-21.gif

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
maxflinn:
i do have a good relationship with my dealer, but he only stocks pioneer players, (which may be fine) id say only a home demo with my system would be beneficial(probably not likely to happen), as his shop isnt really equipped for home cinema demos, he's a hifi dealer mainly..

You have a good relationship with your dealer and he stocks Pioneer players, i think you are missing a sign Max you can get BDP330 for your budget at the moment. Could you not ask to do a home demo for a week to see if you prefer the Pioneer. I am thinking about an upgrade to mine an ARCAM BDP100 but i'm really questioning if it's worth it that's how good the 51FD is and the fact i've used a pioneer player in one form or another for the last 16 years. If the LX91 was less than 1K i wouldn't even be considering a choice. I have compared my player 51FD to my Fat PS3 and sound wise the 51 is much better.

D

Deleted member 2457

v1c:maxflinn:

i do have a good relationship with my dealer, but he only stocks pioneer players, (which may be fine) id say only a home demo with my system would be beneficial(probably not likely to happen), as his shop isnt really equipped for home cinema demos, he's a hifi dealer mainly..

You have a good relationship with your dealer and he stocks Pioneer players, i think you are missing a sign Max you can get BDP330 for your budget at the moment. Could you not ask to do a home demo for a week to see if you prefer the Pioneer. I am thinking about an upgrade to mine an ARCAM BDP100 but i'm really questioning if it's worth it that's how good the 51FD is and the fact i've used a pioneer player in one form or another for the last 16 years. If the LX91 was less than 1K i wouldn't even be considering a choice. I have compared my player 51FD to my Fat PS3 and sound wise the 51 is much better.

I go with that as well, my 71 sounds great, i have compared the 71 and 52 and the denon 2500bt on a vsx-lx70 amp and the 71 was the best of the lot in my opinion and everyone elses who heard it, followed by the denon then the 52.

The only blu ray player i would change for would be the 91 but i am very happy with what i have so no need.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I have noticed the bass is more controlled with the '760 than it was with my '350. I'm definitely getting less 'boom' than I was before.

Picture seems a touch more vivid too. It's not night & day, but it's there.

'760s are still on Play for £100, a rarity, as usually Play's deals are there one minute, gone the next.

If they can keep it there 'til after payday, I may even get another.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

play dont deliver to ireland
emotion-9.gif

apart from blu-rays.. no country for old men is in transit..
emotion-4.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:

emotion-9.gif

Is there not an O'Play.com yet?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:maxflinn:

emotion-9.gif

Is there not an O'Play.com yet?
emotion-5.gif

emotion-1.gif
na.. but we do have an O'pixmania..
emotion-5.gif
they're based in france
emotion-3.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts