best blue ray player for Pioneer PDP-436XE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to invest in a good quality blue ray player (from my existing PS3). Options are to go for Pioneer BDP320, BDPLX52, and BDPLX71 or try the new Sony BDP-S760. Picture quality and sound are priority, not so fussed about BDlive.

The Pioneer screen only goes to 1080i so is the TV the problem or will I get a cleaner pic from a better blue ray player?

Also, I've just tried to hook up my PS3 through the TCI Coral optical cable to my amp (Denon AVR2805) but got nothing. Any tips? I've checked off everything and am currently running audio from the TV reciever into the amp but wanted to take picture via HDMI and sound into teh amp via the Optical cable.

Pioneer PDP-436XE with R06XE Reciever; Denon AVR 2805, PS3, B&W MT20. IXOS HDMI, True Colours Industries Optical cable

A

Anonymous

thanks, any reason why you'd go for the older pioneer? My main concern is the 1080i

D

Deleted member 2457

my philips is 1080i and the pioneer bdp-lx71 looks stunning on it.

D

Deleted member 2457

Is your plasma the one that used to cost £3,000.?

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Given your requirements, it would seem the Sony 760 at as low as £300 would be the best option. Blu-Ray being a relatively new technology evolves quite quickly at the moment and latest player would probably represent the best value for money.

I would suggest that you're unlikely to see much difference in HD picture quality between any of the players mentioned at normal viewing distances. So you need to look at things which may not be the main priority, but will help to find what's best for you, i.e. load times, DVD upscaling, etc.

All I can suggest is that the Sony S760 is a new model & it makes sense to buy the latest product, & not something that's more than a year old. The Sony has got consistently rave reviews, plus it's got wi-fi which is very handy. It offers a lot more for the money than the Pioneer. The Pioneer LX-71 is not profile 2.0 (if that is a concern to you), but Sony is a lot faster to load discs. Pioneer BDP-320 & LX-52 are also excellent players

The Pioneer LX-71 no doubt is an excellent player & you won't be disappointed by its performance, but I would personally go for a Sony or the newer Pioneers.

Check the individual player reviews on What Hi-Fi:

http://www.whathifi.com/BestBuys/Blu-ray-players-BestBuys/Blu-ray-players/

http://www.whathifi.com/Reviews/Home-cinema-Reviews/Blu-ray-players-Reviews/Rule-Brand-Pioneer!370/

A

Anonymous

that's the one. I actually paid £2,800 for it with a table stand. PQ and SQ are main priorities. Load times aren't a problem, nor tedious blue ray live content; wi-fi. All I want is a great picture for watching great (and occasionallly rubbish movies)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts