Yamaha RX-V 581

Eyre200366

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I apologise for my first post which was attached to somebody else's forum, it wasn't deliberate and I apologise if I have offended anyone.
My problem is that I can't play my Sony Blue Ray player (UHP-H1) through my Yamaha RX-V 581 receiver, I can neither get a picture or sound nor even the set up menu. I have only just got this back from Richer Sounds, took it back for repair with the same problem, the Engineer replaced the circuit board but claimed it was working perfectly. Do I need to use an optical cable as well as the HDMI cable?

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
The HDMI connection carries both audio and video signal in the digital realm on a single cable , so you don't actually need to use a optical cable for the sound. But for trouble shooting you could connect your bkueray player to the avr with a optical cable and see if the sound is coming.

Other things to check is if you are selecting the correct HDMI input on your avr. Did you try plugging the bkueray player directly to your TV if it has a HDMI in. Do you have any other players with a HDMI out that you can plug into your avr to check if it's HDMI board is ok.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts