Best audio performance from the current crop of players?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I currently use a pc for Blu-ray playback and was hoping to use one of the new HDMI video or audio cards to get true hd audio.

It would seem however that the video cards are giving a lot of problems and the audio cards( of which there is only one up to now) is somewhat expensive at £180.

So with dedicated players dropping in price and improving in performance I am thinking it my be a better option, from the reviews I would say PQ seems to be better on all but my main question would be audio preformance.

I have an Onkyo 605 and my question would be which would be best to pair with this amp ? my one stipulation would be the ability to get DTS MA through the amp.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian

A

Anonymous

Don't get me wrong, but at the level you are at why do you desire DTS HD sound so much? An excellent Sony 350 at around £350 will do won't it?

A

Anonymous

Hi

The reason I ask the question is simple. having paid for a quality amp I desire to see that light on the front telling me I'm listening to true hd audio, which at the moment I cannot get with my htpc(even though I fell it looks and sounds great! and I can do multi region of course!) I have found using my current set up that the sound (even though it is not the true source ) from DTS MA is much better than any of the other formats. Therefore if i'm going to shell out I want one that will at least pass bitstream to the onkyo amp so it can decode the DTS MA , thats why I ask about the audio performance rather than picture as I'm sure they all give good picture especially the sony and pany.

Bc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts