Best ampli match for MA siver 8S

Beppep

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, something went wrong with my previous message..

can you please suggest me which ampli can properly match a new set of Monitor Audio silver8?
I listened them with Naim Superuniti 2 and the sound was really good, however the price is very high for that Ampli. I was thinking to buy a separate Pioneer to do DAC conversion and streaming, connected to separate ampli. I have to replace my Yamaha RN500 that I dont think is the idea match for these speakers.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Possibly - Arcam, Electrocompaniet, Sugden, Pathos, Musical Fidelity, Rega, Peachtree, Croft and Audio Analogue.

....maybe start with the Arcam A39.

Beppep

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
yes, that's a good advise. I listen them with Superuniti 2 and the sound was very good. Based on caratherists of the speakers and the Ampli, I would like to have an ampli with a warm sound, so I think that Cambridge is not a good choise. A part of Arcam, is a Rotel 12 enough to pilot them?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Beppep said:
I would like to have an ampli with a warm sound.

All my suggestions are the opposide of clincal sounding, with the Rega Elicit R probably being the most forward sounding of the group...and Pathos (Hybrid) the least.

Beppep

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to spend a fortune, let say that I have to replace my Yamaha RN500 so I want an improvement but to stay under 1000£. I heard some people with good opinions on Primare i22 and MA, then I found as well Rotel 12 that is affordable.What about a Naim on second hand, are the two/three years model good? I am thinking on separate Dac as Pioneer so if there is DAC internall or not is the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts