Best AMP for my ProAcs : Rega Brio-R vs Naim Nait 5si vs Sugden A21a

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm worry about My Amp. The amp has Gone. So I'm looking for a good integrated amp for my Speakers(i.e.ProAc Tablette Anniversary) . My list is Rega Brio-R, Naim Nait 5si or Sugden A21a. Could you let me know your opinion which the best amp for my speakers, PLS? :help:

Source: Vinyl, LINN DS, Speaker: ProAc Tablette Anniversary, PreAmp: Rega Phono, LINN WAKONDA, PwrAmp: LINN LK140, TT: Rega RP6 (Cat:Rega Exact2)

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Macspur,

I'm able to access (but not demo at home) the following amp in Japan...

Luxman

Yamaha

LINN

Sonneteer

Audiolab

Myryad

Creek

Sugden

Primare

Unison-Reserch

Hegel

EAR

.... and many more

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
kazuhito said:
Hi Macspur,

I'm able to access (but not demo at home) the following amp in Japan...

Luxman

Yamaha

LINN

Sonneteer

Audiolab

Myryad

Creek

Sugden

Primare

Unison-Reserch

Hegel

EAR

.... and many more

Pretty good list there... my choice would be between Luxman, Sugden, Creek, or Primare.

If you have access to Accuphase and Musical Fidelity, they would definitely be high on the list of preferred amplification... It's difficult to recommend particular models without knowing your budget. What I would say though, is the Tablette being quite a forward speaker, it would be best to avoid amps with a similar trait.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Kazuhito,

Hey fella just realised you have asked about upgrades to your RP6 - replied accordingly opinoons (wrong or right) - I feel if you are chanigng lots of things at once you won't really know whats worked and what hasn't - and what you prefer.

I think you will get the biggest change with amp/speakers

If you are happy with speakers then keep them, however your amp is the heart of the system.

Have you thought about a valve amp - only ask as you are asking about upgrading your RP6 so presume that is your main source.

I had an unfortunate episode with 4 faulty Elciit Rs, before that a Brio R - love the clean sound of the Elciit R - but gave up with it - then tried various SS amps up to £2k, they were all nice sounding but then I heard a valve and that was it - Ive heard nothing like it and bought an ST40

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Mac_,
I had Luxman and Accuphase with ProAc. I dislike these combinations.

As I know reference AMP for ProAc, I have asked to ProAc. It was Naim, Sugden Master ClassA, Primare, Audio Research and Jadis. I live in Japan. I’m going to go for Sugden because there is NO Naim, AR distributors in Japan.

Hi Stevebrock,

Thank you for your post at upgrades to your RP6. The most important thing for me is AMP. I am beloved with ProAc Tablette. Also I love a Valve AMP however my budget is ONLY £2K. So I cannot go with good Valve. (Also I have had a Leben CS600 and a Chines Valve Amp with ProAc, I felt more better current LINN AMP than them. ) As you mention about Icon Audio[/b], there is NO distributors in Japan. So, How about Sugden though I can get them in Japan?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
kazuhito said:
Thank you Mac_, You are very kind. Thank you.

I have one question, have you ever heard Sugden?

Yes, I used to own the A21 and the Masterclass IA-4 both with ProAc Studio 130.

smiley-smile.gif

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I am soory that I make mistake about the power of the amplifier necessary to drive a speaker.

The Sugden A21aI Series 2 Amplifier is an extremely good classA amplifier with an excellent inbuilt MM/MC phono stage. However my concern is the ProAc tablette anniversary is a low sensitivity(86.5 dB) and with the Sugden rated at 23 watts into 8 ohms it may not drive the speakers loud enough for me. I have to buy at least Sugden A21SE(30 watt into 8 ohms) if I choice Sugden.
BTW, how about Sonneteer integrated amps, Alabaster? although, Alabaster and Sugden A21SE don't have phono stage. I would like to know the comparison between Sugden A21SE and Alabaster :rofl:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts