Louise1099

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
I recently purchased the new Xbox series x, and I am looking for a new tv to maximise its use and features. I saw that the SAMSUNG UE55TU8000 model was a top contender for its price and quality. I don’t use the tv itself, because I don’t have a provider (seems pretty pointless nowadays), but want it to be big enough to simply watch films on too. I looked at getting a monitor, but for the size I want (at least 48inch) the budget I have just doesn’t work with a monitor, making me think a tv would be the better option.

I want to be able to use as much of the xbox’s power and features as possible without bankrupting myself. Any suggestions on tv’s that would be a better option than the SAMSUNG UE55TU8000? Budget is approximately £900 and preferably a European model (I reside in the Netherlands).

D

Deleted member 2457

I recently purchased the new Xbox series x, and I am looking for a new tv to maximise its use and features. I saw that the SAMSUNG UE55TU8000 model was a top contender for its price and quality. I don’t use the tv itself, because I don’t have a provider (seems pretty pointless nowadays), but want it to be big enough to simply watch films on too. I looked at getting a monitor, but for the size I want (at least 48inch) the budget I have just doesn’t work with a monitor, making me think a tv would be the better option.

I want to be able to use as much of the xbox’s power and features as possible without bankrupting myself. Any suggestions on tv’s that would be a better option than the SAMSUNG UE55TU8000? Budget is approximately £900 and preferably a European model (I reside in the Netherlands).
The Samsung 55tu8000 would not do 120hz at 4K for the Xbox Series X. A older Samsung model the Samsung 55Q90r would be perfect or the LG 55BX OLED TV. The Sony 55x900h 4K TV will do this and might be your cheapest option depending on prices in the Netherlands. I am not sure which higher Samsung models for 2020 do 4K at 120hz though.

Reactions: Louise1099

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
This is the issue for those of us who own the new Xbox series X is finding a TV that will make the most of the spec on the new Xbox .
Finding a TV at the moment is hard as you only have a choice of LG OLED with 2.1 HDMI and your looking at £1499 for a 48'' or 55''which the 55'' is cheaper .
You have to be careful with some TV makes as some have special modes that fake 1.20 Hz but they are not 1.20 Hz panels .
I would wait till see what next year brings to the market as i am looking for a TV but do not want to spend £1500 just to play Xbox on .
At the moment most games are FPS locked until the game company's upgrade the games to do the faster frame rates and only a handful of games are 1.20 Hz its early days yet .

D

Deleted member 2457

This Samsung will do too see 4K 120hz in review:

D

Deleted member 2457

What about the LG 55NANO866NA? I saw some good reviews about it; supports 4k at 120hz with ALLM and has a low input lag.
Sounds good to me and with it not being OLED you don’t have to worry about screen burn either and I think you will get the Apple App too for movies!

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
For me the best choice is LG BX. Great TV for movies, TV Shows and videogames. It has full compatibility with HDMI 2.1 and eARC if you need it (4K 120Hz with no issues). It's going to be more natural and realistic. QLED are also great but I would go for an OLED.

Louise1099

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
I ended up buying the LG Oled55bx6lb for €1077 here in the Netherlands. It came with HDR, 2x HDMI2.1 inputs with 4k @120hz, 4k HFR, and an a7 gen3 processor. The tv was an absolute steal for the price. Love this and works like a dream with my series x xbox.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts