Beresford TC-7520

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing a dac to improve my system. I use a Squeezebox Receiver for the dac conversion at the moment - it's connected to a CA540A v.2 and Monitor Audio BR5s - I stream FLAC files.

Without breaking the bank do you think this is a worthwhile upgrade. I know the DacMagic would compliment my CA540A but I feel it's too much for my system.

Any other ideas would be greatful.

Thanks

Matt

A

Anonymous

I have a Beresford TC-7520 connected to my Squeezebox, Virgin V+ Box & Panasonic DVD player. Use Beresford as preamp connected directly to Arcam Alpha 9 Power amp through Monitor Audio Silver 7 speakers.

The combination sounds brilliant, warm & musical whatever I am listening to (Jazz, Electronic, Classical, Pop, Action Film, Radio 4 play). There was a massive improvement for both the Virgin V+ box & and DVD player, and a smaller but noticeable improvement for the Squeezebox listening to apple lossless files. I recently switched to listening to mainly music streamed through napster and internet radio stations rather than the lossless files I was listening to previously. I know that isn't very hi-fi, but does mean I can leave the computer off and have much bigger music collection, again in this instance Beresford came into its own making relatively poor quality source music sound brilliant.

The only slightly annoying thing with my setup is no remote for volume, but probably does me good to get off sofa to change volume.

Hope that helps

Jonty

A

Anonymous

The Beresford dacs from my experience offer a fantastic and affordable means of achieving a much improved sound

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts