Benifits of more power?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
busb said:
A dealer rang me last Friday. He also stocks Bel Canto. He oppined that the cheaper Bels didn't even get close to the Primare. Loud & Clear in Edinburgh also rang back saying how good the Primare was driving Totem Arros & a few high-end speakers well out of my price range! The emerging consensus seems to be that the A34.2 is very ggod VFM at £2100 - it would have to be at that price! I want to read a review.

I am the first to admit, I'm not an expert in Class D amps, as I don't go out of my way to hear them, so your dealer could be right. I would be interested in what you think, if you ever hear one.

Every dealer has their "pet products", which are usually excellent, but not always to everyones' taste. One of my dealers thinks there is nothing like Linn, but aside from the DS, I don't like the sound. The other would be a strong advocate of Focal, which again, is not one of my favorites.

The Bel Canto has been the first Class D that hasn't made me want to get out of the room.....that said, I haven't heard the latest offerings from Primare.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
audioaddict said:
another thing i meant to mention is speaker amp matching, which is critical. all my previous posts you will read ive been in almost despair as my system was almost unlistenable at times after id spent a fortune ( my apoligies to plastic pengiun for doin his head in lol ) but now my speakers are a much better match for my amps the system is a dream.

My speaker are the B&W 684. Brielfy heard the audiolab stuff with some PM1 although a more expensive speaker I did like the sound and thought that the combination would have a similar character but will audition if I can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts