BDP-S760 Setup query.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Not even 5 minutes ago, a knock at the door and my £100 '760 is here.

Quick as a flash, whip out the '350 and slot in the '760.

Now, the set-up did an 'Auto detect' thing and has set itself to 1080p. My TV isn't 1080p compliant. How is it I'm getting a picture? Is my Onkyo downscaling the incoming image from the '760?

Is there any benefit in manually changing the '760s resolution to 1080i/720p (or lower)?

Your thoughts please.

I've gotta go hide the '350 in the loft before the Wife gets home from work. I think with the new backlit remote and the altogether more swish finish of the '760 I'm bound to get rumbled though.[:|]

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Oh Christ..... Just configured the wireless connection and now there's a green WLAN light lit on the front. She's definitely gonna notice that.
emotion-42.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Can someone remind me how to get the Onkyo to flag up HD Audio as it did with my '350. All it says is 'Multichannel' now.

EDIT: Can't remember what I did, but I've sussed it.
emotion-21.gif

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
scene:the_lhc:5.35pm it is then!
emotion-2.gif

BC's evening:
emotion-31.gif
emotion-40.gif
emotion-13.gif
emotion-16.gif
emotion-12.gif
emotion-52.gif

Now that made me laugh, good luck BC

I had a visit from the postie earlier on as well and was expecting him to hand over a 760 and some new phonos, sadly the 760 is still in the post. Let us know how you get on BC, and if you get a chance to play with some of the picture processing modes.

EDIT: Oh and I will go for 6.30pm
emotion-2.gif

scene

SpiceWeasel:
scene:the_lhc:5.35pm it is then!
emotion-2.gif

BC's evening:
emotion-31.gif
emotion-40.gif
emotion-13.gif
emotion-16.gif
emotion-12.gif
emotion-52.gif

Now that made me laugh, good luck BC

I had a visit from the postie earlier on as well and was expecting him to hand over a 760 and some new phonos, sadly the 760 is still in the post. Let us know how you get on BC, and if you get a chance to play with some of the picture processing modes.

EDIT: Oh and I will go for 6.30pm
emotion-2.gif

In the spirit of things, I think the
emotion-12.gif
will occur at about 6:05pm
emotion-2.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris,

......but darling, this is a £400 player with technology from a £1000 player that is now available for only £100!!! How could I refuse? Look at that WLAN light glowing. That means there isn't a trailing wire from the router to the player, like our old S350.......

Ronald

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris:
Not even 5 minutes ago, a knock at the door and my £100 '760 is here.

I have absolutely nothing to contribute other than to say..... My £100 '760 arrived today as well!
emotion-11.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:

Big Chris,

You have this much trouble over just a £100 blu-ray player? I guess you're stuck with the rest of your kit for a very long time.

Ronald

It's not so much the player, or the cost, it's the way I just went and bought it (could have been anything) when money could be best spent elsewhere. I knew this, but sometimes you just have to go for those great deals. I was tempted at £150, so when it came down to £100 I didn't think twice. I'd rather buy a bargain and suffer some grief than miss out and regret it, much like I have for not buying a Fubar IV when they were going cheap.
emotion-40.gif

In the last year I've bought my A85 & P85 which together have cost £500, but she knew about it all the way, no grief at all, and she agrees it sound great.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris,

In that case, better sooner than later I'd say.

Show her the new blu-ray player and explain the virtues of this player over the 350 and she will soon accept it as a fine purchase.

Ronald

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts