bbc i player picture quality

murg

May 20, 2008
Visit site
Hello all, I am now considering leaving sky and going down the freesat route. One of the attractions ( apart from no more subscription charges)is the i.player facility on the humax box. I have a download speed of only 1.6KB.Can anyone advise me if this relatively slow download speed would affect P.Q on the i player and also would it be enough to cope with HD?? Thank you

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
murg:I have a download speed of only 1.6KB.Can anyone advise me if this relatively slow download speed would affect P.Q on the i player and also would it be enough to cope with HD??

1.6Kbps ? No. Don't do it. Never mind the picture quality, you are just going to be sitting there forever waiting for it to buffer up.

1.6 Mbps (is that what you meant?) will be fine so long as it is a reliable 1.6Mbps.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
The picture quality is good on high quality, but not acceptable imho on standard, although it will work. I can't find it now but somewhee on t'internet or maybe on the iplayer page there was a speed tester which may help. ITV player will also be available on freesat soon.

A

Anonymous

BBC iPlayer diagnostics

This is what he meant... also handy to have in your favourites if you're ever having problems with iPlayer and need to know if there is a problem (if you're ISP is limiting your speed, etc)...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts