Banding on the 32W4000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Everything seemed to be working okay, Blu-ray discs play fine, PS3 games, DVD's etc until last night when I downloaded the 1080p trailer of Ratatouille from the Playstation store. The colours don't look right and in scenes where the Paris night is in the background I'm getting very strong bands of colour. I've just bought and used the DVE blu-ray disc so I would have thought my settings would be good enough to avoid this.

Any suggestions or is this just a weak spot of it being an 8bit panel? Anyone got the same set-up that could check to see if they get the same?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Don't worry, it's not your TV, it's the video. I downloaded the same trailer last year and saw some pretty bad banding on my Panasonic 26LXD500. If you play the Ratatouille Blu-ray there's no banding at all and everything looks great.

A

Anonymous

It's disappointing though as we have a 40W2000 in my office and the same trailer doesn't show the same problems. I would have thought the 32W4000 could have handled it better than that and it made me wonder if I need to adjust any particular settings? Thanks for the response.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts