Banana Plugs??

A

Anonymous

Convenience. Totally. You're adding something to the signal path so it could never sound 'better' however I'm with the previous poster, sod-all difference (to the sound) either way! (*unless your banana plugs are made of clay or something)

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys.

What is the proper way to connect them bare ?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ssvirk"]Thanks guys.

What is the proper way to connect them bare ?[/quote]

Bare them, twist them gently, loosen the binding post, insert and tighten back. Pull gently to test whether connection is firm.

Be careful not to cut too many strands of the wire. Don't use something very sharp, but mildly sharp to peel off the jacket.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"]I have tended to use something very sharp, but only score the plastic Then I use the most high-tech method of removal - My teeth (not the front ones, unless you want a dentist bill)[/quote]

Teeth are great things, not quite as good as opposable thumbs, but damns useful nevertheless.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"]Indeed, although thankfully I have escaped my 'opening bottles of Newcastle brown' with them unscathed...[/quote]

You're lucky then!
Newcie Brown never did damage [1] but I had a wee filling on a corner of one of my front teeth that never managed to stay on for more than a few weeks before I forgot and stripped some wire with it.
[1] - well not to my teeth anyway...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts