Backlight bleed on a new tv

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
After lots of research I brought a brand new Samsung 32" lcd on the 23rd (rated 5 stars in What Hi-Fi) within 2 days it has 3 patches of backlight bleed, 2 in the middle and a large long strip about 5 inches from the bottom of the screen very noticable in darker pictures is this acceptable on an lcd or is it faulty.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Have you adjusted any of the settings (most importantly turned the backlight down)?

Because i'm afraid that either sounds like an unnaturally boosted backlight or a faulty set. It does still happen - even to the best manufacturers and the best sets, sadly
emotion-6.gif

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello Clare, yes I have adjusted the settings, I like a very natural picture don't have the setting anywhere near max like a lot of people :) The backlight is set half way but I have also tried it as low as possible but the bleed is still showing.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oh that's a shame - I know how thoroughly you researched this purchase and then you have the bad luck to land a duffer
emotion-6.gif

I'd go back to your retailer as soon as possible and report the fault. You also need reassurance that you can do the same with any replacement; if you can view that set before you buy all the better (sometimes sets seem to come in bad batches...)

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for advice Clare, took back to Richer Sounds no problem gave me a new one and touch wood everything seems fine in fact so far very impressed with it :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts