Back to Vinyl After 40 Year Absence Is This Set Up A Good Choice???

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oxfordian

I could't get on with those when you try to take out the album they stick to the sticky bit. I cut off the tops and leave the strip on the sticky bit and it works but they are really thin I prefer the conventional ones. The Spincare inner sleeves are good.

I haven't had any issues with the Spincare resealable outer sleeves other than they are a bit thin and tear easily, the sticky bit can stick to the inner sleeve if I forget to keep them apart but that is easily freed.

The sleeves I have from Michael45 (via his YT channel 45 RPM Audiophile link) are from Vinyl Storage Solutions (VSS) and I believe that these are imported from Canada, you can get a variety of styles and sizes including inner sleeves which I have not tried, I do like the Gatefold sleeves with tuck in seals, the quality is a big step up from Spincare. Michael also has a number of videos detailing how he uses them. I'm not saying that these are the best thing since sliced bread but I like them, others may do as well or they may not which is fine.

I like the Spincare sleeves for single LP's but use the VSS for gatefold jackets.

If anyone has alternative suggestions I would be interested to hear them as I want to protect my vinyl as best I can.

Puddle5ofMud

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
I have to give a big shout out to you all and a massive thank you, I'm getting the best education from this site, man it's unreal I'm learning more than I did the whole time I was at school LOL. Who ever would have thought such a simple question could return such a wealth of knowledge, I will walk this earth a wiser man now, cheers to you all, may your vinyl spin true and sound sweeter for passing on your wisdom. I really appreciate the advice, don't stop I'm taking it all in. :) 👨‍🎓

Puddle5ofMud

Apr 5, 2023
Visit site
Nagaoka 102 are another option for anti-static inner sleeves.
(I bought some, though some of the records I put in them cost less than a single sleeve 🤪)

G'day Gray I just found them here in Australia $44.95 for 50 or $120.00 for 150 not so cheap but if they protect our vinyl then I suppose it's worth spending the coin. I think I'll try a fifty pack and see how they are.

Gray

G'day Gray I just found them here in Australia $44.95 for 50 or $120.00 for 150 not so cheap but if they protect our vinyl then I suppose it's worth spending the coin. I think I'll try a fifty pack and see how they are.
Yes, inside the paper sleeve, used on all your favourites....not cheap, you're right, but a fair bit less for your carbon fibre brush to sweep prior to playing 👍

Reactions: Puddle5ofMud

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts