back to separates is marantz cd63 ki sig still good enough ?

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, aint posted for a while but was thinking of putting together a retro type system ( will keep my cr603 where it is as the boss loves it)

my question is i was thinking of a marantz cd63se ki sig as i had one when it was new and loved it and wondered if it still stood up as a starting point for my little retro project. was thinking of either the matching amp or maybe one of the nineties rotel pre powers to go with it.....i,m certainly not gonna by new for a good while as my marantz cr 603 and bw cm1 still do the bizzo as my maint system.

failing all that, was gonna go down the vintage route and put together a technics system with as many lightsand switches as i could find :rofl:

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I still use the 63SE its still pretty good, so yes I would say the 63KI is well worth using. Amp. either Marantz or Arcam. Speakers I used the Misson 780SE which are pretty cheap now.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Marantz CD63 MKII SI was once a very good CDP and even now it beats a lot of CDP of about £1000 price tag. Just beware of the condition of the laser unit as it may fail over long period of usage. Having said the repalcement laser only costs about £15 if you can change it yourself. I think you can bid one with reasonably good condition in the Bay for around £120 and just be patient. Anything over £120 is consiodered over priced.

If you know a bit of electronivs and with steady hands as well as with good eye sight you may carry out some modifications to this CDP and I can assure you that you will not believe your ears after certain mods to it.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys not sure what speakers to use but when i had the ki sig cd player new i was using mourdant short ms25i which seemed a good match at the time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts