B&W XT2 urgent decision: Clare/team can you please help?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am facing an urgent decision between the XT2 and the CM1s (for a hifi stereo setup with a cyrus 6 amp) I had already started a thread a while ago but nobody replied who had listened both of them...

My question is: in terms of pure sound quality is the CM1 better than the XT2? I am willing to sacrifice a little bit for the design but not too much... Or is the XT2 as good?

Also my understanding is that there is a new generation of XT2 since this year, do you know if there is much difference with the older ones?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!! Many thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

Can't anyone help me? Please, please, please...

The choice is further complicated by the fact that the CM1 is rear-ported and in my case the stands would have to be quite close to the wall. Some people say it would significantly affect the performance of the CM1 whereas others see it is a minor issue that can be remedied by the foam plugs. I have no idea...

A

Anonymous

No experience with the B&WXT2, but had the CM1s and because of room constraints had to be placed close to the wall. And they can be a little boomy when cranked up even when the foam bung was inserted, thats was the main reason for buying my present speakers, and being of closed cabinet design are unfussy about placement. I always thought the CM1s were a cracking little speaker though..........

A

Anonymous

Just another point, a friend bought the CM1s from me and has them about 14" from the wall with no bungs inserted and they sound great even when cranked up, I think one of the problems I encountered was the shape of my room more than anything else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts