B&W vs KEFs + Onkyo vs Pioneer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all ... (go easy on me I'm new to this) ... I started off looking at Bose, and quickly moved away from that idea as I read more and more about how little you're getting for the money. I did have a listen to them a couple of different stores earlier on, and had surprisingly different experiences of the same system - one quite ordinary, the other pretty decent.
As I'm sure happens to a lot of people I'm having to adjust my budget as I listen to systems / read reviews and forums, etc.

I have two sets of equipment in mind at the moment and would really value some feedback / suggestions on which system / receiver combination you think sounds better / would work better together.
I've had a listen to some of this equipment below, but hope to listen to each setup this weekend.So the options I'm looking at so far are ...

(Oh, the amounts below are in Australian dollars - I'm in Australia - though also a UK citizen, and would consider buying from the UK if it made sense financially)

SPEAKERS / SUBWOOFER
(1) Bowers & Wilkins MT-25 Best price I've seen so far AUD$2299
(2) Bowers & Wilkins MT-30 Best price I've seen so far AUD$3395
(3) KEF KHT 3005SE Best price I've seens so far AUD$1700

RECEIVERS
(1) Onkyo TX SR608 Best price I've seen so far AUD$950
(2) Pioneer VSX-LX53 Best price I've seen so far AUD$1499

My initial budget was AUD$2000, so I'm well above it with any of these ... don't go too crazy! :)
Any advice you can give me greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Adam

A

Anonymous

Oh, a little extra info ... I'd prefer to go for a less obtrusive system, which is why I'm looking at these smaller setups. The room they'll be used in is the main room of the house (lounge + dining) and around 5 metres square.

The split in how I'd be using the system would probably be around 2/3 music and 1/3 surround sound.

I've heard the KEFs in store and they sounded great. I'm not a HUGE fan of how they look on stands (like eggs on sticks) ... as the rears will need to be on stands - and while looks of course aren't the main thing I would still like them to look decent :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts