B&W-MT60D

breffni123

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hey all

Looking for advice please. Please please please help.

I have a small to middle size room. I am not that massively into movies or music.

The things that are important is great picture quality & great sound especially with sports. I don't want speakers taking up all of the room. Four questions:

1) I am thinking for small speakers of the B&W-MT60D. What amplifier would you recommend for this?

2) Are the M1 speakers wireless from the sub?

3) Any idea where to find used B&W MT60D?

4) Are B&W planning an upgrade soon?

I really appreciate your help and giving me the time out. BTW love the magazine!

I don't think I have said anything against Forum rules.

Tks
Breffni123

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 108165

Might as well get a good soundbar or soundbase instead of the added complexity of speakers and and amp.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hey all

Looking for advice please. Please please please help.

I have a small to middle size room. I am not that massively into movies or music.

The things that are important is great picture quality & great sound especially with sports. I don't want speakers taking up all of the room. Four questions:

1) I am thinking for small speakers of the B&W-MT60D. What amplifier would you recommend for this?

2) Are the M1 speakers wireless from the sub?

3) Any idea where to find used B&W MT60D?

4) Are B&W planning an upgrade soon?

I really appreciate your help and giving me the time out. BTW love the magazine!

I don't think I have said anything against Forum rules.

Tks
Breffni123
Hi there,

1) Probably a Denon at the moment.

2) The M1 speakers are not attached to the sub, they are attached to the amp by wires.

3) When you buy speakers and a amp from a retailer you can normally get a big discount on package deals and always try to get your cables thrown in too. Here’s a package deal example:

I personally would go for a ex-display over a used one or phone around for the best deals or pick up deals individually by going for the best prices or package deals like I said that’s what I would do over a used one or ex-display one.

If you budget won’t stretch to the B&W MT60D you can also try the step down package the B&W MT50 which still comes with the M1 speakers just not the PV1D sub a cheaper version.

4) B&W have sold this package for years now, they used to be the B&W MT30 then they changed to the B&W MT60D changing the speakers to make them slightly bigger and the sub slightly better and now comes with a APP.

I personally would go for a speaker and amp package over a soundbar if sound quality is your main concern.

Here‘s the Denon amp review:

Here’s the B&W MT50 speaker package review too:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

I was originally thinking the Sennhieser Ambeo Soundbar. You reckon thats the way to go? Will the sound be as good?
That soundbar does look quality though and I am sure it’s much better than the average one:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts