B&W M1 2012 left and right channel upgrade?

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm looking at changing my front left and right speakers to the new M1 sats, what i would like to know as I'm very fixed for free time to demo is would these be a night and day difference to the Mission M-cube sats im currently running

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Only Half the question has been posted????????

To add;

I've just added a dedicated B&W CM centre speaker so would ideally like to have the front sound stage the same manufacturer. Size is an issue so traditional B&W are not feasible.

A

Anonymous

Not heard the new M1 yet, but I sure the CM1 or 5 would be a much better match tonally, always best to match the fronts if possible.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
The CM speakers would be the ideal choice to match the centre but I'm short for space, I've haven't got the room

for bookshelf or floorstanders next to my BDI unit. I'm hoping the M1's being B&W would have a tonal match.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
keiser1 said:
Thanks for the suggestion but The PM1's are well over my budget!

I have quite a lot of experience with B&W range. Even otherwise also, it is tricky to match a full blown Center speaker to smallish M1s. My suggestion would be to sell the CMC and get all M1 based set up. It would not only be more economical but much more coherent.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
WishTree said:
keiser1 said:
Thanks for the suggestion but The PM1's are well over my budget!

I have quite a lot of experience with B&W range. Even otherwise also, it is tricky to match a full blown Center speaker to smallish M1s. My suggestion would be to sell the CMC and get all M1 based set up. It would not only be more economical but much more coherent.

I would really like to keep the CM Centre, its a fantastic looking speaker which fits very well in my set up, so as I've no room or budget for bookshelf or floorstanders I was thinking of using an in-ceiling speaker such as B&W CCM65, I've not yet heard these and have no idea if they would intergrate with rest of my set up. Can you offer any advice on these?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts