B&W A7 - TV Sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am no audiophile, but I like music a lot and appreciate good sound. I'm really looking into the B&W A7 but have some questions for the more experienced on this forum.

I would like to actually use the A7 for 2 purposes:

1. Obviously streaming music via AirPlay
2. Improve the sound quality of my LED TV

As we all know LED TV's sound really bad and my question is: will the A7 also be useful to improve the sound of my TV. This is typically not music, but mostly watching the news, documentaries,... so mainly spoken sound. So I want the A7 to make the sound of my TV make more understandable... as currently, I really have to concentrate to properly understand what is being said on the news because of the terrible audio quality.

Thanks!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The aux input (3.5mm minijack) on the A7 also doubles as a mini Toslink (optical digital) connection. So if your TV has a an optical digital output then you are set.

The digital option will sound better given how poor the cheap analogue stage of any TV is.

You'll just need an optical cable and a Toslink - mini Toslink adaptor costing about a fiver or less.

A

Anonymous

Hi

i do understand that is technically possible with the aux, but what I'm really wondering is whether the A7 is good for speech as well. My experience with external speakers and tvs is that often, they're good for music, but spoken tv programs often sound too bassy

TRENDING THREADS