Awesome! - How can anyone possibly go wrong with these combos?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Now, I don't profess to being an audiophile - can't really afford to be one anyway. Are there really little cones underneath that speaker cable...?!?!?

Please don't tell me that someone thinks that makes a difference (and please don't start the cable debate AGAIN!)

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I noticed at Bristol that just about all the high cost speakers were attached to amps bristling with values. Is there a point where this is simply a gimmick - ie the Fatman Mothership? If not, why don't we see more valve based kit in the mag? Too expensive?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]Now, I don't profess to being an audiophile - can't really afford to be one anyway. Are there really little cones underneath that speaker cable...?!?!?

Please don't tell me that someone thinks that makes a difference (and please don't start the cable debate AGAIN!)
[/quote]They are ceramic cable isolators. Not sure of the justification....must be sonic improvement. For the audiophile that has it all? Must help when it comes to hoovering!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="PJPro"]I noticed at Bristol that just about all the high cost speakers were attached to amps bristling with values. Is there a point where this is simply a gimmick - ie the Fatman Mothership? If not, why don't we see more valve based kit in the mag? Too expensive?

[/quote]

Put simply, it makes audiophiles think the quality is better. There is NO advantage to using more valves - power taken into consideration. And the simple reason valve based kit is not featured in WHFS&V that often is that its place in hi-fi at the moment is great - for powering I-pods...otherwise they have no advantage over quality solid-state equipment.

I can hear a certain individual crying "Yes, but they have a much more "musical" sound" well the laws of physics prove this wrong, because the closer you can get to the original recording, the better as this is the ULTIMATE musical sound. Valve amplification, in my opinion, is not HI-FI. I am not saying they are not good, because they are fantastic for looking at and hearing the diffrence between them and solid-state equipment - but they do not reproduce music as the artist intended...otherwise it would be WLFS&V if you get my drift....

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="al7478"]they look lovely, but at what price? they look way outta my league. guess we all need summat to aspire to. and how thick is that cable?!?!?![/quote]

Did someone mention "cable" ??

A

Anonymous

Never heard of AH! before...sound like something to compete with Alba but I think the price-tag suggests otherwise!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"]Never heard of AH! before...sound like something to compete with Alba but I think the price-tag suggests otherwise![/quote]

AH! takes a basic Marantz CD player (CD4000) and makes various upgrades to the output stage (tube inserted) and power supply among others.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"][quote user="al7478"]. and how thick is that cable?!?!?![/quote]
Don't start! ;)[/quote]

LOL - It hardly fits in with their minamilist movement. Its all style over substance. I bet they all sound like me Mah trying to wring the water out of the towels from the washer before she hangs them out to dry...

A

Anonymous

..and here we go again! Can we ever look beyond the little thingies that connect these excellent gears? What next, eliminate the main cables all together from the power station and have cosmic electricity?!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts