AVR600 Firmware 1.9

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clare, what was WHF's verdict on 1.9? It seems to have cured all issues with some but not with others. I'm still getting lock-ups, no sound and the ocassional pink or green screen, albeit not to the same extent as with 1.8.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well it seems to have done the trick with our AVR600, which has been flawless since the upgrade.

Arcam assure us they're continuing to work on any outstanding issues. Is it Virgin HD box you've got problem with?

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Yes, the only other HDMI connection is the Oppo BDP-83. I was getting regular lock-ups with 1.8, but with 1.9 I've just had the odd green or pink coloured screen which is cured by turning either on or off witht the remote. But my V+ HD box seems to be worse with 1.9, I don't think I had any complete lock-ups with that under 1.8. The issues of no sound are still there on occassion when switching to V+ from another source, be it audio only (PC) or the Oppo. This is cured by changing channel on the V+.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Oops, edit that, the AVR600 locked up this morning when I switched to the Oppo. Can't Arcam poach someone from Onkyo to deal with the HDMI connections!

A

Anonymous

Hi Pete

1.8 was rock solid for me, I tried 1.9 and found it created pops for the first time while loading blue rays and forwarding or reversing via Sky HD, also, found sound had gone flat, went back to 1.8 and everything is rock solid stable, no pops and the sound is back to its original glory.

A

Anonymous

Bumtious01:
Hi Pete

1.8 was rock solid for me, I tried 1.9 and found it created pops for the first time while loading blue rays and forwarding or reversing via Sky HD, also, found sound had gone flat, went back to 1.8 and everything is rock solid stable, no pops and the sound is back to its original glory.

Will 1.10 have the same effect on sound quality as going back to 1.8?

Bumtious, nice to see you mate. Hope you're well. Are you talking to Arcam on this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts