AVI DM 10 cabinet quality?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Morgunner

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Morgunner said:
spiny norman said:
Morgunner said:
And I have not knocked on your door, I'm just walking the street you're shouting out to.

Wow. That's like, deep, man.

Sorry, got a bit lazy there, was distracted by a naked woman at the bedroom door.

Please send pictures as proof

Sorry, no, things escalated rather quickly from there on.

Chiily

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
One of the rarely mentioned benefits of active speakers (this includes most actives not just AVI ones) is that they have the amplifier mounted inside the enclosure. The irregular shape of the internal amplifer helps to break up standing waves which improves the sound quality. This is particularly beneficial when the amplifier is mounted to the rear panel as it breaks up the waves that would otherwise bounce off the flat rear panel in a passive speaker and pass partly uneffected straight throught the speaker cone.

I think I would rather have some decent absorbant/damping material on the internal rear panel of a speaker. Having said that there will be so much filling between the back of the cone and the amp that the skyline of the amp would have very little impact. More so in a smaller speaker that is pretending to have a large cabinet.

I've always wondered with active speakers how the heat generated by the amp is dealt with internally with all that insulating filling on top of it. There are the external fins of course.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Romulus said:
Interesting statement, and how do you see yourself in the grand scheme of things..?

I'm not sure there is a grand scheme in this particular case, but I fear I might be considered a rather poor ambassador for the brand.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
spiny norman said:
chebby said:
Just how many concurrent ADM10 related threads are needed?

300. At least.

I learn something new here every day!....that's 2 things today, as I didn't realize it was entertainment.

Well, the AVI threads are rarely informative.

The forum equivilent of underdeveloped primates protecting their respective territory by flinging excrement at each other,

What's not to like? Get in the popcorn!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
davedotco said:
CnoEvil said:
spiny norman said:
chebby said:
Just how many concurrent ADM10 related threads are needed?

300. At least.

I learn something new here every day!....that's 2 things today, as I didn't realize it was entertainment.

Well, the AVI threads are rarely informative.

The forum equivilent of underdeveloped primates protecting their respective territory by flinging excrement at each other,

What's not to like? Get in the popcorn!

Which side flings a handfull of cr ap first? Lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts