AVI ADM9.1 - Initial impressions

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Bialykot

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Why does this consistently come back to Ashley when the thread is about reviewing some loudspeakers? If you want to make this about Ashley all I can do is relay some facts now that I seem to be entrenched in this.

I've exchanged some emails with him to find out a bit more about some of his products. He also helped with a number of things outside of his products when he didn't need to and that helped accelerate my knowledge in those particular areas. I didn't necessarily agree with everything he said (but everyone has an opinion and we all have our own minds). In general my experience dealing with him and his company has been very positive and I felt valued as a customer. And I didn't get pressured into purchasing - just some enthusiastic opinions and a great deal of knowledge (mostly outside of his products). Those are the facts for me. I can't speak for others' experiences.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Bialykot:

Why does this consistently come back to Ashley when the thread is about reviewing some loudspeakers? If you want to make this about Ashley all I can do is relay some facts now that I seem to be entrenched in this.

I've exchanged some emails with him to find out a bit more about some of his products. He also helped with a number of things outside of his products when he didn't need to and that helped accelerate my knowledge in those particular areas. I didn't necessarily agree with everything he said (but everyone has an opinion and we all have our own minds). In general my experience dealing with him and his company has been very positive and I felt valued as a customer. And I didn't get pressured into purchasing - just some enthusiastic opinions and a great deal of knowledge (mostly outside of his products). Those are the facts for me. I can't speak for others' experiences.

thats in stark contrast to my experience of avi and ashley and i would never endorse him or any of his products - those are the facts from me!!!!

but you can never know how good someones customer service is until it goes wrong!

Escapism

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Escapism:That's because the higher the retail price, the bigger his cut - it's economics. I imagine.

This has nothing to do with money. If I thought for one moment they could compete with the average hi-fi system we sell here then I'd be all ears, and I'd be a little worried. But as it stands, I think most manufacturers can sleep soundly tonight.

How do you know.?

Bialykot

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
OK everyone - this has now run its course for me. I'll be glad to get back to anyone with sensible questions about the ADMs and I'll answer as honestly as I can based on my experiences. Other than that I'll move on .... Thanks to the posters who put some sensible stuff in this thread.

Escapism

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Escapism: No, it's understandable - I'm sure he has a family to feed. But surely it's fact that a 3k amp will see a better return than a £300 amp. If I were a salesman and wanted to make the best return (which all sales people do) I would give the 'more expensive is always better' pitch also.

A little irrelevent when the customer ony has £300 don't you think?

But then again, I KNOW a £3k amp is better than a £300 one. This can easily be demonstrated.

No I don't. You're a salesman (fom what I understand) therefore your views/interests are commercially driven. Others have argued this is the case for Ashley James, also. So why is your opinion any more unbiased.?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:you'd be good for an avi spokesman as they
don't like other ppl opinions either - whole point of these threads is
for balanced opinion - you gave yours i gave mine!

Oh gawd, we're not about to go round this track again, are we? It's Friday night, FFS - don't you people have takeaways/boozers/Silent Witness to go to?

method man

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Bialykot:OK everyone - this has now run its course for me. I'll be glad to get back to anyone with sensible questions about the ADMs and I'll answer as honestly as I can based on my experiences. Other than that I'll move on .... Thanks to the posters who put some sensible stuff in this thread.

or they can ask me or any number of other forum members that own avi 9.1 speakers.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Oh gawd, we're not about to go round this track again, are we? It's Friday night, FFS - don't you people have takeaways/boozers/Silent Witness to go to?

Oooh, Silent Witness. Last week's was better but good reminder Andrew. Time to turn off Abba
emotion-2.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Escapism:No I don't. You're a salesman (fom what I understand) therefore your views/interests are commercially driven. Others have argued this is the case for Ashley James, also. So why is your opinion any more unbiased.?

Well I think pitching a £3k amp to a cutomer with a £300 budget is pointless, even if you don't.

My opinion is less driven because I don't represent one brand.

Escapism

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Escapism:How do you know.?

I'm not going to repeat myself.

I'm not going to repeat myself.

You have stated on several occassions you have not heard them, so again, how do you know.??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If this really is going to descend into playground bickering, the big red button looms. And then everyone can grizzle about evil WHFSV stifling threads about AVI again...

Up to you, guys...

Escapism

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Escapism:No I don't. You're a salesman (fom what I understand) therefore your views/interests are commercially driven. Others have argued this is the case for Ashley James, also. So why is your opinion any more unbiased.?

Well I think pitching a £3k amp to a cutomer with a £300 budget is pointless, even if you don't.

My opinion is less driven because I don't represent one brand.

So by your logic, if I had 3k to spend, I would have to spend all the 3k to get the best amp, disregarding the possibility that the 2k one next to it could be superior (though it CAN'T possibly be because it's cheaper). Correct.?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

matengawhat:you'd be good for an avi spokesman as they don't like other ppl opinions either - whole point of these threads is for balanced opinion - you gave yours i gave mine!

Oh gawd, we're not about to go round this track again, are we? It's Friday night, FFS - don't you people have takeaways/boozers/Silent Witness to go to?

bat ball home springs to mind - thats not directed at you andrew

Bialykot

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
OK very last post.

Matengawhat - I didn't see your 'experiences' with AVI post when I submitted my last one about leaving this thread - so you're jumping to conclusions about me. I'm sorry you had some negative experiences and you're right to relay these if that's what you want to do. All I've done is given my honest opinions supported by facts and that's all I can go on. I've dealt with Ashley, he's been courteous, I've purchased his product, I like the product, it fits into my scheme of things at the pricepoint. Why do I feel as if I've committed a crime ... Bye bye.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:The safety guard on the button is off...

Go on, go on, go on, go on...

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Bialykot:Why do I feel as if I've committed a crime ... Bye bye.

as stated many times you haven't (commited a crime) and glad your happy with them - im sure they are a good product - never in doubt about his products he knows his stuff

EDITED BY MODS for clarity

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Escapism:You have stated on several occassions you have not heard them, so again, how do you know.??

Like I keep saying, I'm familiar with numerous amp/speaker systems, including many active systems, and if I thought for just a second that a £1,000 pair of speakers that contained amplification and a DAC could compete with the sort of systems that AJ claims, then I'd be all ears and want to know what all the commotion was about.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Escapism:So by your logic, if I had 3k to spend, I would have to spend all the 3k to get the best amp, disregarding the possibility that the 2k one next to it could be superior (though it CAN'T possibly be because it's cheaper). Correct.?

Nope.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:

Bialykot:Why do I feel as if I've committed a crime ... Bye bye.

as stated many times you haven't (commited a crime) and glad your happy with them - im sure they are a good product - never in doubt about his products he knows his stuff

EDITED BY MODS for clarity

you mean ppl misread threads sometimes and take things the wrong way - surely not
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts