AVI ADM 9.1

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:Just wondered, do any of you actually do any work? I'm on holiday so am excused ...

Aren't you working for AVI at the moment fella?

(just joking)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:Alan Sircom:Clare Newsome:

Surely you know the nursery rhyme:

Doctor Foster went to Gloucester
In a shower of rain,
He stepped in a puddle,
Right up to his middle,
And never went there again.

Happens all the time in Gloucester, apparently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_United_Kingdom_floods#Gloucestershire

ALAN SIRCOM...holy cow, I have 2 of my favourate reviewers in the forum
emotion-2.gif

Ah, dont forget you agreed not to mention my name pet
emotion-2.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:drummerman:Just wondered, do any of you actually do any work? I'm on holiday so am excused ... Aren't you working for AVI at the moment fella? (just joking)

Days of listening to music and looking at lovely bass drivers. Did I mention they look very very nice lined up row after row... solid cast baskets, big magnets ... yumm

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
al7478:Yeah, but some would say it is evidence based ;)

Now, about our banter a couple of pages ag:

im geting pretty sick of doing this, but strongly believe in it when necassary, and here it is necassary.

on reflection, i think you're rght in your last reply, and i apologise. i obviously got out the wrong side of bed. again.

Andrew - i havent re-red that other thread again, but i think somewhere we were at cross purposes, and on some points we simply disagree. I'm not sure you did actually missunderstand me in quite the way i had in mind earlier, either. However, if i can clarify any of my views on that one, id be glad to do so.

if, however, you "aint bovvered", thats fine by me. itll spare me the effort lol!

I don't think I have the foggiest what this post is about.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
al7478:Yeah, but some would say it is evidence based ;)

Now, about our banter a couple of pages ag:

im geting pretty sick of doing this, but strongly believe in it when necassary, and here it is necassary.

on reflection, i think you're rght in your last reply, and i apologise. i obviously got out the wrong side of bed. again.

Andrew - i havent re-red that other thread again, but i think somewhere we were at cross purposes, and on some points we simply disagree. I'm not sure you did actually missunderstand me in quite the way i had in mind earlier, either. However, if i can clarify any of my views on that one, id be glad to do so.

if, however, you "aint bovvered", thats fine by me. itll spare me the effort lol!

I don't think I have the foggiest what this post is about.

um...well...thanks for making the effort.

a couple pages back you mentioned my reading things into things a lot lately. because you said the same in another thread. you are hinting at a trend that doesnt exist. in this thread, as ive said, i was wrong. in that one, i thiunk im right, tho ill eat humble pie if necassary.

now, i know you had that other thread in mind when making your earlier comments in this one, as do you.

i was just making an attempt to be concilliatory. Whatever.

drummerman:JohnDuncan:drummerman:plastic penguin:

We're all on the same side, aren't we? What I'd like to know is: what is the relationship between Ashley and drummerman? They must know each other pretty well - well enough to envite a forum member for a personal demo. If so, then, from what I've read, drummerman is helping to promote that product.

Sorry, but the whole thing sounds a bit fishy. Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick?!

... with this ... and I try to be as polite as possible even though you dont deserve it mate ...

You, if you really wanted, would surely be invited too for a dem. If you read the start of this tiresome thread which I now wished I have'nt started you may see that I too have certain reservations about the 9's. Nothing's perfect. Then again, why should'nt I say good things repeatedly if I believe in something my friend. AVI is not the only product I think is good. So, in your opinion I promote the companies product. So be it.

I did warn 'im........ For what it's worth, I don;t think anybody (else) is questioning your integrity, DM.

No worries and thanks

Good. I'm glad we've got the situation clarified. If I have caused you any discomfort regarding this issue, then I apologize.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Ashley James:I can't believe the amount of rubbish we've had to put up with since ADM9.1s appeared and most of it could have been avoided by asking me for clarification as do up to 100 daily!

Most of the "rubbish" would have been avoided with a more tactful spokesperson. In my humble opinion, your product isn't the reason that you get "rubbish". It's your manner.

Part of all this is the clash between engineering companies like us who are able to relate what we hear to what we measure and who use people in broadcast, record and movie production to evaluate what we do and those believe in magic cables and tapping their feet to the music etc despite at least a million tons of evidence to show it's all boloney! Ash

And there's a perfect example. How to alienate the cable buying, foot tapping masses that read this site, in one easy sentence.

John Duncan

chebby:Nor does he publicly criticise or lecture his customers (or potential customers) about their systems or media of choice or their acceptance (or otherwise) of present and future trends in music replay.

.....or computer
emotion-2.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Thaiman:ALAN SIRCOM...holy cow, I have 2 of my favourate reviewers in the forum
emotion-2.gif

Simon's here???

LOL..
emotion-21.gif

Do you (reviewers) ever meet up, get drunk, and compare notes?

A

Anonymous

that will teach me to read the rest of the thread before replying...
might just delete my rpevious post to save any more embarrassment... (besides my spelling)

A

Anonymous

No, we just meet up and get drunk... and that only happens regularly.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:

Alan Sircom:No, we just meet up and get drunk... and that only happens regularly.

A journalist drunk? Can't imagine such a thing
emotion-13.gif

That would explain Alan's particular review where £4000 set of cables were used with £2000 worth of system

T

the record spot

* out comes the record spot's flak jacket, WW2 helmet, bunker gear and some tins of spam *

TRENDING THREADS