AVI ADM 9.1

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
al7478:drummerman:bigblue235:Couldn't disagree more
emotion-5.gif
I'm sure you like and respect the chap and his product, but each to their own and all that?!
emotion-1.gif

Yes I respect the product and AJ but then I made the effort and went to listen to it (and him), did you? If you did then I respect your comment. If you have'nt then I find it rather odd or as I said in my previous posting, you are probably just one of the people that like to say anything to provoke.

bigblue235:I'd like nothing more for Ashley to come back with a more friendly tone, give WH-F some samples, and sell a ton of speakers off the back of it.

I think you find he was never anything less than friendly or helpful on this forum, as far as I can remember.

*big sigh*!

Nope, he had a suspicious, patronising and defensive attitiude to the mag and its staff, and all sorts of caveats as to how his speakers should be tested.

However, you simply have to plug 'em in and listen to them, preferably with a range of gear and music. Job done. Other than that yes - hes quite helpful and polite; generally a good sort and his speakers might be great.

The fact that you have met him, and he was nice enough to leave you a little star struck, however, doesnt give you some great insight.

And there's another one coming out of the woodwork ...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
MENISCUS:Now now girls..............

Indeed not worth it. I'm sure this same conversation appeared more than once in this thread already and even twice is once to often.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
MENISCUS:Now now girls..............

You are truly a comedy genius! Tell me, who writes these pithy, incisive lines for you?

DM - you have dismissed me already as just another coming out the woodwork (another what?), and not bothered to engage with my point (which is there in black and white). I shall happily extend the same discourtesy to you.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
al7478:MENISCUS:Now now girls..............

You are truly a comedy genius! Tell me, who writes these pithy, incisive lines for you?

DM - you have dismissed me already as just another coming out the woodwork (another what?), and not bothered to engage with my point (which is there in black and white). I shall happily extend the same discourtesy to you.

My apologies. That woodwork remark was unnecessary.

I know AJ is the reason for many heated discussions and I'm sure he know's it too. What can I say, this should be about the product and nothing else, certainly not egos.

A

Anonymous

al7478:MENISCUS:Now now girls..............

Just pointing out that these bitchy posts are totally boring and unworthy of both of you..........

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:Yes I respect the product and AJ but then I made the effort and went to listen to it (and him), did you? If you did then I respect your comment. If you have'nt then I find it rather odd or as I said in my previous posting, you are probably just one of the people that like to say anything to provoke.

Pretty far from the truth. Disagree with me all you like, but assumptions like that are a little unnecessary.

If I walked into a shop and the salesperson had a manner similar to the one which al4748 accurately describes, I'd walk straight out again. Therefore, I have no interest in listening to any of his products. I'm pretty sure I fall into his target market, as I've just moved into a small flat temporarily, and I'm using a PC/Airport Express for my source, but I'd rather find another solution, good as the ADM's may be.

I think you find he was never anything less than friendly or helpful on this forum, as far as I can remember.

To you, maybe. To others... not so much
emotion-1.gif

I know AJ is the reason for many heated discussions and I'm sure he know's it too. What can I say, this should be about the product and nothing else, certainly not egos

Fair point...

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:The lock countdown is starting again...

I think it should have finished with the 'plebs' remark. I fail to see how that's acceptable.

Drummerman, I disagreed with your initial comment that anti-AVI remarks were 'unfounded'. That was all. You could have disagreed more constructively, rather than resorting to insults.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts