Av problems

Lotusmad2001

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys :)

Im really hoping someone can help me. Ive built my first 'proper' home cinema (details below) but it just doesnt sound anywhere near what I was expecting.

Its quiet. (normal listening for must stuff being at at least -20dB

When playing most films, i simply cannot get it loud enough.

Subwoofer (although having been configured through audyysey countless times) is loud and rattly one day and fine the next (correction on auddysey is -8 or so i know that -12 is the limit.)

Doesnt sound any better if not worse than a 10 year old yamaha all in one...

Spec is...

B&w 685 s2 front

B&w 686 s1 rear

B&w htm62 center

Asw908 sub

Denon avrx2000 avr

Qed silver anni front cable

Qed copper micro rear cable

I really hope someone can help as ive thrown 1500 quid at it now and i just dont understand what ive got for it :(

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
First thing I would do is triple check the speaker cabling. Make sure you have negative to negative, NOT negative to positive. It's an easy mistake to make and one I have done before, it almost makes it sound like there is no sound at all (i thought my amp was faulty). Looking at my amp -20 db is loud, with me not really going much over -40db. Check these for starters and let us know, if I was a betting man I would say you haven't got the cable set up right

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Was this system out together in conjunction with a dealer by auditioning the equipment to get suited you? If so, get him round to check it all out and make sure you're getting the best from it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts