AV amps with pre-out

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
when passing sound through the AV amp,does the pre-out jacks alter the sound being output to another power amp?or the sonic personality from the sound produced will come only from the power amp capabilities?(i'm not sure I have explained it the best way).Any help from experienced users hill be much aprecciated.

John Duncan

The pre-amp (ie the AV amp) ought to have more effect on the sonic signature than the power amp. Note, however, that in most AV to Stereo configurations, you're not able to access the power amp of the stereo amp directly, so you'll be playing through the pre-amp of the stereo amp as well...

What've you got in mind?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
yes i meant integrated amp instead of power amp.just trying to find an amp with pre ins and pre outs that sound good...this could be the amp for a lifetime.not havinf the need to decode any future formats haha! evil plan...

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
ive been lookingat the specs from the sony bd S5500 and it seems to be an option to select the type of speakers, large or small, but no crossover frequency to be chosen, and it doesnt mention the predefined crossover for this,with this player and 2 stereo integrated amps (one that could control the centre and sub (must have preouts)). the party would be made.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I've just got a Yamaha RXV1065 and send the front left and right channels via a Naim Nait5i via the pre outs - and it sounds great so far!

Some day I'll plug the fronts direct into the AV amp for comparison but it's a bit of a fiddle getting them out the back of the Naim...

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
here's what i mean...1 blu ray player with analogue outs+ 3 stereo integrated amps..can you see? haha for left and righ speakers it would be easy to controle but for centre and sub one must have am amp that has pre out to te sub at least...this would bump the need of AV amp upgrades in the future because of the formats that may come, or else i could get a AV amp with analogue pre's and out's passing the need for the av amp to decode formats as long as one has a blu ray player that has analogue outs and decodes all formats.

A

Anonymous

this is where I'm heading with my system .

To a Denon 2309 I have added the Nait xs . I have exchanged my fronts with Spendor a6's and put the fronts at the back - B and W 685's

I have connected the Denon to the Nait via the front and left pre outs on the Denon 2 rca to 5 pin din , then flicked the Unity gain av by pass on the Nait to achieve synergy . I want the best stereo sound via the Nait and Naim cd 5x to Spendor a6 's - a great combo , and then I want to integrate the fronts with the rears centre and sub which are running off the denon avr . In theory this is possible...

But I am having serious noise from my front speakers whenever I engae the av input function on the Nait xs - go the stereo route and all is well, marvelously so , try 5.1 and I get nothing but noise from the fronts . The rears are fine and the centre

Any ideas out there do I need to recalibrate the system using Audyssey ? What's the noise interference to do with ?

Cheers

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried a standard RCA to RCA between the Denon and Naim - as opposed to the DIN?

I get a little bit of a hum with my set up when in AV mode but it's not a big deal and you don't notice unless there's no output.

A

Anonymous

Ah , you know Naim and their Din ! But I could try it I suppose ... I have noise with output that's what bothers me

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Magnum Opus:
this is where I'm heading with my system .

To a Denon 2309 I have added the Nait xs . I have exchanged my fronts with Spendor a6's and put the fronts at the back - B and W 685's

I have connected the Denon to the Nait via the front and left pre outs on the Denon 2 rca to 5 pin din , then flicked the Unity gain av by pass on the Nait to achieve synergy . I want the best stereo sound via the Nait and Naim cd 5x to Spendor a6 's - a great combo , and then I want to integrate the fronts with the rears centre and sub which are running off the denon avr . In theory this is possible...

But I am having serious noise from my front speakers whenever I engae the av input function on the Nait xs - go the stereo route and all is well, marvelously so , try 5.1 and I get nothing but noise from the fronts . The rears are fine and the centre

Any ideas out there do I need to recalibrate the system using Audyssey ? What's the noise interference to do with ?

Cheers

This sounds like the problem I had with my old Creek Evo. I found out that the Evo does not allow you to separate pre and power and all I got was a crackling noise from the fronts. However, as the Naim has an AV option, I can't see how it can be that.

A

Anonymous

Exactly - so it should do what it says on the tin !

And I can't see why recalibrating the new system with audyssey will deal with the noise issue.

A

Anonymous

I'll start there and work through . Any ideas on rca to rca - I'm a Chord Crimson man myself but the Merlin got the recent award

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts