AV AMP with a good 5.1 amp to drive Sonus Faber Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all my first post and only just recently joined nice to meet you all

OK what iam after is hopefully an all in one box AV Amp with a good quality power section to drive my speakers (sonus fabers ).

Anybody recommend something. I have got thoughts about the Primare SPA21 5 channel AV amp which i am demoing soon and also thought about a bob carver sunfire ultimate AV receiver ive seen on a fleabay site but know nothing of these .

I am willing to go separate on a processor and 5 ch power amp but space could be a limiting factor i know the 2 box option would be the better quality but if anyone knows of something, even an older intergrated AV amp that what would do the job, i am open to suggestions i have a budget of up to £2300

Regards Tony

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Tony.

At your budget and buying new the Yamaha DSP-Z7 would be my first choice. It has a clean output stage, plenty of power and all the toys you will need. Going processor/power will probably require an increase on your budget.

There is the option to add a power amp to a standard AV Amp ( using it as a power amp ) we are doing this at the minute as we find our selves with a spare Marantz MM8003. Matched with a Marantz SR8002 / or a SR6003 the results are superb with those speakers that liek a bit of power behind them. A home demonstration would be the best thing.

The Sunfire is very nice - lots and lots of power - with a clean full sound. It doesnt have HD Audio and all the bells and whistles of the new units though.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Thanks Nick

To be honest i dont really need all the bells and whistles what i am after is something with good output to drive my speakers in 2 channel and 5.1 ive had my denon amp since it came out (AVR3802) so its very old now but still impressed with the processing in the surround department but it cant drive my speakers

All my viewing of movies are by the way of sky+ maybe Sky HD later on. i dont watch dvd that much but saying that if a get a great dvd player one day that might change

But i do listen to music a lot probably 30% music 70% Sky+

I am sort of old fashioned in the way of hifi /av just plain vanilla for me thats why the sunfire and primare are tempting to me

If God had a hifi shop then it would be a 5.1 AV Amp 200watts all round Krell amplification in one standard size box for me

ok iam rambling so still tempted to buy the sunfire if this thing could give me at least the surround processing capabilities of my very old denon then id be happy with that as my cinema is in a normal domestic enviroment and not a dedicated room but when i can, i want to hear my speakers as best i can

The Yam amp you sugested does look very good but the marantz looks better for output i need to hear some with my speakers but i think that wil be a hard task

Cheers for the reply Tony

A

Anonymous

hi Nick iam in the uk iam in iver heath near uxbridge /slough very close to m25 is the sunfire a range you do and if you do can we talk about it

regards tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts