Audiophiles: An Eccentric Few?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="unleash_me"]
Just heppend to come across this video. Couldn't help wonder how different we are and why we always have to give explanations to the normal mortals. No offence, just pure curiosity.

Take a look,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

Any thoughts?
[/quote]

I think such obsessive behaviour is rather sad. You just don't need to go to such lengths to have good sound.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Nigel Proctor"]
I think such obsessive behaviour is rather sad. You just don't need to go to such lengths to have good sound.[/quote]

I could hear the difference.

A

Anonymous

it depends on how much money you have. if you do not have so much money to spend on hifi, just enjoy the current system you have. otherwise, it would be very tired to be an audiophile, the pursuit of the true high fidelity has no end, your normal living will be disturbed. you will be not happy, because you always think :eek:h ,my sound is not perfect.

A

Anonymous

Not convinced by a magnetically supported turntable to be honest. Obviously, being of mortal means I've never heard one but as we all know here that's no reason not to slag it...

While there may be no noise from the bearing I can't help but think that the whole platter is just going to move around.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]WOW....WOW.....WOW Argggggggggg I need a pay rise.......WOW OMG....oh yes.[/quote]

Thaiman! you just echoed my feelings.

I mean, its just one life we all got, why not make it special by pursuing the passion we cherish?!

The only problem though, is that, conditions apply! Read WAF, Bank Balance etc.
emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

Some quotes from the video-

"You hear audiophiles describe the speakers disappearing.what I actually get in a sort of semi-spacey almost hypnotic state is, I disappear. There was only the music."

This one is my favorite.

"In a way we are eccentric people. Its not normal thing to hear music from a system of one hundred thousand dollars, this not normal.. this is not normal.

But if you, if you, if you sit there and listen to some recordings, especially sixties where this orchestras were playing in the courted garden with that passion after the war with all this.this enthusiasm that goes into these recordings and you enjoy them sitting in your sofa, you know, sometimes you think, well.am I crazy or, or am I not?"

Isn't this what we call passion?!

A

Anonymous

i guess there has to be a certain amount of irony in the fact that by the time most people could afford to buy such a high-end system (judging by the ages of the guys in the vid) their hearing would have deteriarated so much that they wouldnt be able to enjoy it its full extent! ie. me with my 26 year old hearing and current system is probably = to their hearing and their $100,000 systems !

TRENDING THREADS