Audiolab M-Net Streamer.

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Has any news been announced about the release date for Audiolab's half-width range streamer, the M-Net ?

A photo or two have escaped into the wild, but there is scant detail out there at the moment.

Knightsamoht

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I found a .PDF concerning the Audiolab M-Net Announcement last week. It looks genuine, but it's not from a site that I know of. I sure hope that it's true though! Would be the perfect partner for my Audiolab M-DAC.

g777o

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks interesting.

As it does not include a DAC, I would hope the price to be more reasonable than that of the current crop of streamers that have a built in DAC.

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Looks good, i'd like to know if audiolab have any plans to bring out a cd transport in a chassis matching this & the m-dac. That would all add up to a very tidy system.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
http://www.avhub.com.au/index.php/News/Hi-Fi/audiolab-m-net-streamer.html

says it's 870 austrain dollars, which is about 470 quid, for what in essence a 30 quid raspberry Pi can do, given it's got no DAC or analogue out... :help:

mjs17

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have it! Well, I bout the small package, put beside my Devialet 170 and pushed the first remote control button and - no reaction. Change the battery - same result. Very bad first impression when you buy a long time awaited product! The remote control infared leds work, but it stay inactive. Back to the shop, there we find that the another m-net have the same problem. Few days later both items were back from the distributor, working well. They said that it was a battery problem (?) Did I have two bad batteries, the first one from the Audiolab package, the second one from my cabinet - both making the leds work ? Anyway everything is in order now. One month later: the remote control was send two times to the service - each time the battery change was the only solution ...and today it doesn't work again. In my opinion there is a power consumption problem.

First impressions: pretty and well machined small aluminum black box with a harsh black surface on every side as well as on the rotating button. Don't wait for this beautiful black brushed surface shown on the audiolab.co.uk. (I was awaiting looking on the photo). - It will keep the dust forever - no way to clean it - if compared it to MF M1Click which has just the front as harsh as m-net. The OLED display - the key tool of the device is less than average, compared to the competition, even the cheap one. Brilliant it is, but it's display capacities are close to zero - no way to read the folder names, nor titles. If you don't have any android smartphone - you'll read correctly only internet radio stations names. I don't have a smartphone. Is it a duty today? No front USB entry is a mistake too in my opinion - to switch / unswitch any memory you have to turn back the box... The money-saving policy at Audiolab looks a bit exaggerated.

The on/off button clicks very nice!

Question about the sound - does this kind of "transport / internet radio tuner" have it's own sound? After just a short listening time all sounds like it has to sound to my ears. It sounds simply good!

Despite the first impressions I'm impatient to be back home to continue listening...

One month later I can say that it is the best internet radio receiver I heard - it's really surprising. The stations searching time, even with signal gaps, is excellent and the sound quality is stunning for this media. The cooperation with the Devialet is excellent and gives a very pleasant listening using USB - stored music (for the moment).

TRENDING THREADS