Audio Technica W1000x - opinions please?

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
I have been looking at a pair of these for a while having tried them (very fleetingly and not with enough time to form a real opinion) a long time ago.

They look fantastic and the reviews seem to be favourable if a little conflicting as to their bass characteristics - some say they are too bright and others that they provide ample bass..... Since owning the AHD7000 I am a big fan of woodies but listen to a lot of rock music and prefer a warm, full sound. Bass has to be evident but not to the extent that it drowns or overpowers the mids or highs.

Has anyone any extended experience with these and , if so, how do they fare with different types of genre please? Are there any other woodies that are worth a look/listen within budget of c.£500 ish?

Thanks in advance.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a pair for a while, I was very disappointed in their performance especially after reading the glowing WHF review.

There bass weight was good, and well extended, not overpowering at all, that was one of their best features. The problem I had with them was that they had a horrible mid to upper boost. It made them very grating to listen to for extended periods, I only found them to be any good with classical, female vocal and acoustic guitar music. I wouldn't recommend them for dance or rock music and they are definitely not what you would define as warm sounding, more like harsh.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts