Audio Settings Question?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a simple question that should be simply answered, but I never thought about till now ...

As most av amps and dvd players have settings for speaker output level and distance, how should each unit be set up? I mean do you set the DVD player to zero across the board and set all levels through the AV amp or is it the other way around, or does it make a difference? I am only mentioning DVD here as I don't have a Bluray player but imagine the same thing applies.

Any knowledgeable people out there please ...thanks.

A

Anonymous

i dont think the dvd player comes into it , the amp should dictate and compute the speaker levels and distance after an auto setup , the levels are dictated by your sitting position in relation to your distance from each speaker , the further you are from each speaker , the higher the levels for said speaker will be set..so one is not more prominent than another..

the distance is from where your seated , to each individual speaker ..

A

Anonymous

Right Max, so if you have to set up manually as I do unfortunately, it should be done through the amp only?

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, do everything through your AMP, plus if you do not have a auto MIC set-up on your AMP, then use a SPL meter and from your listening position point the SPL meter up towards the ceiling and take measurements and set them in your AMP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts