Audinst: HUD-Mini - review

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi All :)

I just finished my review of the relatively new Audinst USB DAC & headphone amplifier. If you are considering the Fiio E17 you might want to check this out. The HUD-Mini is a bit cheaper than the last model (HUD-MX1) - between £80-100. I tried a couple of different op-amps here and even include some pics of the circuit board and chips.

http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/audinst-hud-mini-review.html

Enjoy and have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow that was a really interesting read, I particularly like how you gave your opinions on the couple of op-amp upgrades. Thank you for sharing. Looks like the MX1 is the one to go for though: by the time you've spent money upgrading the Mini with new on the op-amps, which you say still don't sound as good as the MX1, you've not saved enough to warrant not buying the MX1.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks very much MajorFubar! I'm really glad you liked it :).

Yeah that's how I felt about the conclusions, I guess if you find the op-amp cheap somewhere you could do it all for less than £90, saving £25 off the price of the MX1, that's not to be sniffed at. Because I know how much better the sound gets @ around £150 I would advise stretching to this if possible. The Arcam rPAC and Yulong u100 are amazing! I will writing one for the rPAC soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts