Attention Clare, Andrew or The Prof

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clare. Have your scientists tested this cable yet...?? Or are they still analysing the chemical structure of the envelope it came in??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Less of the sarcasm, please.

Oddly enough, what with the Bristol Show and new-season TVs, Blu-ray and hi-fi kit to test, it hasn't been top of our schedule. But it's in the system!

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clare, I've had a follow-up email from the seller of these cables who's very keen to see how WHF got on when testing them. As he posted them at the end of January, has there been time for them to be processed yet? I don't think they're of any particular brand name, so not sure how (or even IF) they'll be able to be listed on the website when it's done. I'm sure there are tons of people thaqt will be interested in the results! Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I bought one recently but have no had time to try it yet, i will try over the weekend and get back to you all, since whf should have tested this months ago if they ever recieved the lead that is. I've had a few brand hdmi so will say if i see/hear any difference!

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Nice one! I look forward to hearing. As I've said, I own 2 and I don't think there's any difference in quality at all between these and expensive cables, but at £5.99 I must be talking rubbish! I know WHF received them as Clare said they had in January, so I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the results - unless there's some huge Watergate-type cover up going on! HDMI-Gate, the new scandal!!

A

Anonymous

Could someone please post the link again as they now lead to a 'this item is no longer available'

Unless of course the item is no longer available.

Many thanks,

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Davo2008:Nice one! I look forward to hearing. As I've said, I own 2 and I don't think there's any difference in quality at all between these and expensive cables, but at £5.99 I must be talking rubbish! I know WHF received them as Clare said they had in January, so I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the results - unless there's some huge Watergate-type cover up going on! HDMI-Gate, the new scandal!!

Sigh.... No cover-up, merely review priorities (finding time/space for the test). I've reminded the test team
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Common Clare, i am very interested in your findings with this cable.

After whats been said, surely its time to put this one to bed!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I believe "Common Clare" is merely the venacular. The alternative is to refer to Clare by her latinised scientific name (or quadnomial nomenclature), "Homo-Sapiens Whathificus Clareinae"

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:I wish - then I could stay at home listening to music/watching movies all day, while my cyborg double continued my plans for world domination duties
emotion-4.gif

Would it comply with Asimov's three laws?

idc

Excellent thread. I don't need an HDMI cable, but now I know where to go and get one. This thread and one that highlighted the Silver High Breed interconnect are excellent and mean I am no longer going to buy named brands. So long as it has the elements used by the named brands and it is well constructed, it is hard to see where you can go wrong.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts