Atlas Hyper 2.0

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, was wondering whether anyone would know if this speaker cable would gel well with my system soon too have M/A RX6's to replace the Bose. Silver is not an option as I really like the sound of full copper cables. Any other recommendation's would be great too [:)] Thanks peeps.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
It'll work well IMO but so would the Chord Oddyssey 2 and the QED Revelation.

Dont rule the other cables out too soon
emotion-5.gif

I've found the QED Revelation to be a superb cable!

A

Anonymous

I'm using Hyper 2.0 speaker cables as well, and like you I opted for all copper cabling. With that in mind you might want to check out Cardas cables. I use Cardas Crosslink interconnects. No complaints on either the Atlas or Cardas cables.

A

Anonymous

I was trying this cable at AE1 - MK 3 speakers in combination with Cyrus electronics.As per my ears it has a good bass presentaion but too much for my set up.

I bought 2x 6 Meter which is unsued now as I have decided to go for Phonosophie cables. As usually it is always a matter of the whole set up as a unit.

Regards

Edgar

A

Anonymous

I use the hyper 3 and have found it to be very good, it seems to give the speakers a very true load and the bass is fantastic, i would imagine the hyper 2 would do the same with slightly less bass but again it all depends on the components in your own hi-fi, what might sound good in mine might sound muddy in your set up.

Radiohead

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
I am using this cable in my Cyrus set up and I noticed an audible improvement - better base, more detail - switching from Chord Carnival SS. I hope to upgrade to Chord Signature at some point because having heard this it takes the sound quality it to another level.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The Atlas Hyper 2 was reviewed in hifi news I think. It got a favorable review, one of the better budget cables got 80% overall.

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

DNM precision. Superb solid core copper cable and superior to qed xtube 400 or chord odyssey imo,especially with Mon audio speakers.

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the reply's guys I think I'm going to stick with my cheap stuff for a bit till i have my speakers then work out what would be best from there.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Tried the atlas 2 and 3 and found the bass to be bloated and over kill. The dnm is very good cable but can be a bit lean, unless you have epos speakers (which I used to).

The revelation and odyssey is very good cable, but maybe the atlas would work in your system, but you all ready have bass heavy kit.

A

Anonymous

potboyslim:

Tried the atlas 2 and 3 and found the bass to be bloated and over kill. The dnm is very good cable but can be a bit lean, unless you have epos speakers (which I used to).

The revelation and odyssey is very good cable, but maybe the atlas would work in your system, but you all ready have bass heavy kit.

I didnt find the dnm to be lean when demo'd against chord odyssey or xtube 400 but i suppose it depends on your kit to an extent.It allowed just as much weight through but was better balanced. I would not use it though on floorstanders that go down to about 30-35 hz as i have been led to believe anything below that will be lost with the dnm.

T

the record spot

josh05:Thanks for all the reply's guys I think I'm going to stick with my cheap stuff for a bit till i have my speakers then work out what would be best from there.
emotion-1.gif

Wise move. You will reap far greater benefits from either changing components as and when that's needed or shifting your speakers around than investing in bits of wire that ultimately do not much more than the generic pro-audio cables out there which cost significantly less. 10m of OFC copper cable for £15, some Computergear RCA Phono leads for £7. Job done.

A

Anonymous

Hyper 2.0 was a 5 star winner and the review is still up:

"The Hyper 2.0 is a class-leading speaker cable that sounds superb.

You'll quickly realise that the Hyper 2.0 is a talented cable. It delivers a beautifully detailed sound. It's a clear step up in quality from the best budget cables, including the glorious Chord Company Silver Screen. If your system warrants this kind of cable, you won't be disappointed."

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
the record spot:josh05:Thanks for all the reply's guys I think I'm going to stick with my cheap stuff for a bit till i have my speakers then work out what would be best from there.
emotion-1.gif

Wise move. You will reap far greater benefits from either changing components as and when that's needed or shifting your speakers around than investing in bits of wire that ultimately do not much more than the generic pro-audio cables out there which cost significantly less. 10m of OFC copper cable for £15, some Computergear RCA Phono leads for £7. Job done.

Thanks for the advice RS, I think if I do end up buying some decent speaker cable I'm going too have to demo it before buying after reading your reply, theres no way I'm going to spend $300aus on speaker cable if like you say the benefits are near nothing, in saying that though a lot of people on here seem to go with expensive interconnects and speaker cable so I'll probably demo some decent cable and make up my own mind.

A

Anonymous

the record spot:josh05:Thanks for all the reply's guys I think I'm going to stick with my cheap stuff for a bit till i have my speakers then work out what would be best from there.
emotion-1.gif

I would be inclined to disagree with this. I have demo'd many cables over the years and there can often be a significant and stark difference in sound between speaker cables and interconnect cables . Some people say they cant hear it, and that is their loss, but if you can hear it then do a bit of demoing and spend what you can afford on some decent upgrades. It can make all the difference.

T

the record spot

Yes, and it might well be their loss - or mine by implication - but having gone from good quality interconnects (Van den Hul The Name, Audioquest Copperhead and Turquoise...) and replaced it with the Computergear one below, on the back of having bought them on a whim in a computer shop in Edinburgh a year or so back and found the sound remained exactly the same, then my 'loss' is immaterial as it - to use your logic - is non-existant.

I'm sure some cables does make a difference, silver vs. copper for instance, but the great claims allied to those of a similar material composition - like for like effectively - annoy me. Buying the aforementioned VdH The Name from the one-liner in the buying guide at the back of WHF and finding not a whole lot of anything changed from my then Audioquest Turquoise resulted in me being £65 poorer and significantly unimpressed with the claims thereafter.

The £7 on the current phono cables only underlined my suspicions. And as you can see from my signature line below, the kit's hardly rubbish and pretty revealing. Phrases like "significant and stark" don't serve to further the debate, only add to the misleading claims that they are essential purchases when moving speakers around can often achieve greater benefits.

A

Anonymous

I am currently working my way through speaker cables to find the best for my system. I have Atlas 1.5 on at the minute and they are good cables. I have a problem with bass heavy speakers so have been trying to make it more transparent and detailed.

Here is my list so far with the results:

* QED Anniversary XT - Very good sound, nice stereo imaging, not so black but quite fast.

* DNM Bi-wire - Far to lean, with my silver interconnects it was harsh and the bass was gone. Very good stereo imaging and picks out all the detail. Sadly not for my system.

* VandHul Snowtrack - Great mid range but the bass was huge and boomy. Central stereo image.

* Atlas 1.5 - Fast, natural sound. Great depth and image. Makes music sound effortless and enjoyable.

I am tempted to buy a set of pure silver speaker cable, I have pure silver interconnects that are a genuine marvel.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Would the Chord Carnivals be worth a listen?

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Yes, and it might well be their loss - or mine by implication - but having gone from good quality interconnects (Van den Hul The Name, Audioquest Copperhead and Turquoise...) and replaced it with the Computergear one below, on the back of having bought them on a whim in a computer shop in Edinburgh a year or so back and found the sound remained exactly the same, then my 'loss' is immaterial as it - to use your logic - is non-existant. I'm sure some cables does make a difference, silver vs. copper for instance, but the great claims allied to those of a similar material composition - like for like effectively - annoy me. Buying the aforementioned VdH The Name from the one-liner in the buying guide at the back of WHF and finding not a whole lot of anything changed from my then Audioquest Turquoise resulted in me being £65 poorer and significantly unimpressed with the claims thereafter. The £7 on the current phono cables only underlined my suspicions. And as you can see from my signature line below, the kit's hardly rubbish and pretty revealing. Phrases like "significant and stark" don't serve to further the debate, only add to the misleading claims that they are essential purchases when moving speakers around can often achieve greater benefits.

Fair enough and i am not having a go at you. I have genuinely found real differences in cables.So much so that it has often been easy to pick which is which in blind testing.That to me is significant. The cables often make a real difference and some sound so much better in my, and friends, systems than others. That chord chorus interconnect i have wasnt just bought because it was expensive ( although i got it on e bay at a fraction of the rrp cost), it was genuinely much better than the other cables i tried, some at a similar price range. It was different league to some of the cheaper ones ( and by cheaper i mean 100 quid and upwards). The difference between it and the freebies was significant and stark. I can hear the difference so to me, and all those others who also can hear it, its worth the money.

TRENDING THREADS