SteveR750

Having heard the 11's and 19's recently I'm thinking about possibly exchanging them for my S6e's that are possibly just a tad too reticent for my preference for stadium rock played at realistic SPL's.

Ive founs some SCM7's on 'bay for £400 - how do these compare sonically with the 11's. They look smaller (and even uglier!). I do like the S6e's so this sidegrade isn't a definite direction I want to take, just mulling it over.

A

Anonymous

You're right about those SCM7s. I think Proac must grow their own ugly trees to build the cabinets from. Crikey, could you live with them?

SteveR750

PMC FB1's for the same price as my S6e's.....tempting.

The ATC's are piggy ugly but if they sound great then thats no problem to me. I'd rather that look than chrome and flash of the bigger boys.

A

Anonymous

The FB1s are great fun. The transmission line bass sound is slightly odd if you're not used to it. Some never get used to it claiming that timing is out but I think it adds a lovely three dimensional punch to the sound. I've always loved the Floor Boxes but I'm not sure I could live with them. Are these the pluses or i?

SteveR750

There are a pair of +'s at £820 and a pair unstated at 750:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270431267481

How do they compare to the civil presnetation from Spendor? Half the fun of buying 2nd hand stuf is that its completely the wrong way to do it, buy and hope its sounds good. The beauty is that if its not right you can sell it on for roughly what you paid. There'salso a nic e looking pair of B&W CDM 7SE's on there too in " unused boxed new condition".

A

Anonymous

I think the bass is tighter on the FB1s, the treble brighter and the overall sound a little less smooth and civil. The i range (current) replaced the tweeter for something a bit more detailed and smooth because the plus had a tad too little refinement in this area. I've only heard the i.

As long as the K2 isn't too far on the bright side of neutral then the FB1s will work well. I'm not sure whether they'll keep the bass in check because the FB1s are fairly demanding and the K2 is considered very slightly warm in this area. I can't imagine they're any more demanding than the S6e. The FB1s want a bit of space too because they pump out a fair whack of bass! I have to say, they're a lot of fun.

A

Anonymous

SteveR750 I auditioned se5's against Gb1i's and the pmc's blew the spendors away,better timing,bass infact everything.It was with cyrus 8cde pre-vs and 8power.

SteveR750

I think the K2 and Cyrus presents a pretty balanced sound to a speaker. My concern might be room size as I am moving into a new place that has a slightly smaller listening room (aka lounge to some folks). It also has wooden laminate floors which isn't ideal, so if the top end is a bit unruly it might all become a bit too overpowering. I think I wont be happy until Ive found some SCM19's or even 40's....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts