ATC SCM-19 sensitivity question

sriracha

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Dear guys,

I'm very interested in ATC SCM-19 but worry about its sensitivity (85 dB). Do you think my Electrocompaniet ECI-1 (100 watts dual mono integrated amp.) has enough power to drive this speaker efficiently? If not, I'll move to my second choice, the Amphion Argon III. For your information; my room is 4m x 5.5m x 2.9 m.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Hi sriracha

Electrocompaniet produce high current amplification so your ECI-1 has got the quality and probably the quantity of power to be partnered with SCM19 monitors :) Fwiw, i believe SCM19 monitors are probably the finest VFM passive bookshelf speakers currently available on the market regardless of price.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I would have thought it would be a lovely combo.

Have you heard the 19's before? I would have a demo first with your amp to see if you like them before you buy.

"Power output has not been sacrificed in the transition. The ECI-1 is also rated at 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 180 watts into 4 ohms (both for 0.2% THD), current being supplied by two 650VA toroidals. It is these mains transformers which account for much of the amplifier's 18kg weight and an unfeasibly high peak current yield of the order of 80 amps, enough to cope with 0.5ohm loads according to the maker and limited only by heatsink dissipation. This is an amplifier that can be used with confidence with virtually any loudspeaker, however difficult a load it may present."

http://www.gramophone.net/Issue/Page/May%201998/130/825055/Electrocompaniet+ECI1

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
hoopsontoast said:
I would have thought it would be a lovely combo.

Have you heard the 19's before? I would have a demo first with your amp to see if you like them before you buy.

"Power output has not been sacrificed in the transition. The ECI-1 is also rated at 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 180 watts into 4 ohms (both for 0.2% THD), current being supplied by two 650VA toroidals. It is these mains transformers which account for much of the amplifier's 18kg weight and an unfeasibly high peak current yield of the order of 80 amps, enough to cope with 0.5ohm loads according to the maker and limited only by heatsink dissipation. This is an amplifier that can be used with confidence with virtually any loudspeaker, however difficult a load it may present."

http://www.gramophone.net/Issue/Page/May%201998/130/825055/Electrocompaniet+ECI1

You beat me to it :)

A

Anonymous

i have roksan caspian pre and monos rated at 80w and they are more than enough for the atc19 ifind these easier to drive than my spendor sa1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts