WyclefGenre

Oct 7, 2024
Visit site
I have my dad's pair of ACT 50 30th anniversary speakers for sale. Although they sound incredible, I cannot justify having a pair of such expensive speakers at home. They are in near mint condition as he bought them for personal use and took excellent care of them.

I wanted some advice on a good place to sell these speakers, as I have not made a transaction of this size before online. I have been told by a local HiFi shop (who offered me 8k straight away) that I should be looking for around 12-14k for them if I am selling them myself.

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? I have them at my work so that people can come and view them (also because of the security there) and I am based in London. If anyone here is interested, feel free to email me directly on (email removed by moderation.)

Last edited by a moderator:

twinkletoes

Ebay and there are now no sellers fee's There is and admin fee though like a pay pal fee , they pay before collection so no time wasters. Just makes sure you mark them up correctly ATC and not ACT or it will get lost on the site.

suggest buy now and not auction.

And I wouldn't keep them at work unless specifically insured under the contents there. They are effectively uninsured there if not covered under contents , weather you have security there or not but thats up to you.

WyclefGenre

Oct 7, 2024
Visit site
I appreciate the advice, but my eBay account is capped on sales for 4k and I tried to contact them and they would not raise it. Thanks for the mislabelling spot, corrected now!

Revolutions

In this market & especially if you can’t use eBay, I’d take the £8k unless you’re happy to hang on the them indefinitely.

The 2nd hand market is contracting & things are not selling even at bargain prices. Your speakers will only appeal to the small end of a tiny market, and with high end speakers it’s not like those with the money buy them all that often. So I wouldn’t expect them to move quickly. Take a look at sold listings on eBay to get a better idea of the going rate.

You could try advertising them on Maverick hifi forum. That’s Uk based with classifieds.

Are they the Active models, as there is a pair of the tower version on eBay UK currently seeking £12k plus?

But as an estate sale, £8k is pretty fair as an offer. That dealer has advised you well.

Bear in mind the risks you take with insuring, shipping, even packaging these. Expert dealers like Elite Audio in Scotland use a pallet and charge £150 or so, which tells you something. Price will depend on the finish, and any service history, age etc. Do you have the packing crates? If you don’t, one awkward move and you’ll wipe £hundreds or even thousands off the price.

I’d no idea eBay had an upper limit as I’ve never sold above £2k before. Unless you’re comfortable with eBay then don’t begin with such a valuable item.

You could do worse than call some ATC dealers and ask them if they’re interested. Link here…https://atc.audio/where-to-buy/

Also try John Pogson. I’ve dealt with him before. https://www.k4poghifi.co.uk/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts