Advice on an entry-level hifi sound system

maxbrown336

Oct 6, 2024
Visit site
Hello

Im looking to start a hifi speaker set up for my PC at home and had asked Chatgpt this 'Can you show me a sound system with a DAC that can power and run both a good set of bookshelf speakers and a sub'

It recommended me these parts:
Yamaha WXA-50 (Amplifier + DAC): ~$600
KEF Q150 (Bookshelf Speakers): ~$450
SVS SB-1000 Pro (Subwoofer): ~$600

would this be a good setup and all work well together,

I appreciate any help.

Welcome. Just a few thoughts…

May I suggest you ask ChatGPT again and this time explain you want to connect to a computer?

The little Yamaha was good about five years ago, but I’d need convincing it still holds its own. Somebody will be along soon to suggest a Wiim amp/DAC but I know next to nothing about them.

The KEFs are nice and should be reduced significantly as they’ve just been superseded. They aren’t tiny though, so get a tape measure out!

If you really need a sub then you can’t go wrong with SVS. Lots available used to save some $! (Are yours US dollars?)

Reactions: Al ears

maxbrown336

Oct 6, 2024
Visit site
Welcome. Just a few thoughts…

May I suggest you ask ChatGPT again and this time explain you want to connect to a computer?

The little Yamaha was good about five years ago, but I’d need convincing it still holds its own. Somebody will be along soon to suggest a Wiim amp/DAC but I know next to nothing about them.

The KEFs are nice and should be reduced significantly as they’ve just been superseded. They aren’t tiny though, so get a tape measure out!

If you really need a sub then you can’t go wrong with SVS. Lots available used to save some $!
Thanks

someone in another forum said about not using the Yamaha also so I'll look into your suggestion

I do like my deep bass but in not 100% needed, if the speakers have a good low-end built-in, I'm more used to the car audio space and I am new to the home set ups so if all I need is a speaker and maybe a dac ill have to look into what is a good setup for that.

Cork

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
I have the Yamaha WXA-50 and WXC-50 and I think they're both great, especially so for streaming. (I've been in audio for 54 year, so I think I get it; but I have no idea why people don't like the WXx-50's.)

Fandango Andy

Hello

Im looking to start a hifi speaker set up for my PC at home and had asked Chatgpt this 'Can you show me a sound system with a DAC that can power and run both a good set of bookshelf speakers and a sub'

It recommended me these parts:
Yamaha WXA-50 (Amplifier + DAC): ~$600
KEF Q150 (Bookshelf Speakers): ~$450
SVS SB-1000 Pro (Subwoofer): ~$600

would this be a good setup and all work well together,

I appreciate any help.
If its for a desktop setup, size may be a factor, I would consider a Mission 778X or NAD D3020 V2.

I have the Yamaha WXA-50 and WXC-50 and I think they're both great, especially so for streaming. (I've been in audio for 54 year, so I think I get it; but I have no idea why people don't like the WXx-50's.)
I’m sure they are; my only reservations are that they don’t seem to have been updated so are less attractive to buy new today. Yamaha UK show them as Discontinued.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts